Reanimated:
Reanimated:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reanimated:

A fan site and play by post roleplaying group for popular fictional universes—reanimated!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Episode 1 Plots

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Episode 1 Plots Empty Episode 1 Plots 5th December 2011, 16:03

beeayy

beeayy

This thread will outline what we want to happen in the first episode of "Spy Games".

First, our boss:

I always liked the idea of Judi Dench as "M" in James Bond, BUT....what if Miss Moneypenny was really in charge? The secretary-as-boss is interesting to me because she probably gets more information than M ever does and is extremely adept at handling all that information. Essentially, she *is* central control. She is able to hear what the agents really think about things, she takes all those phone calls and researches all those villain's backgrounds, AND she's the only one who remains resistant to Bond's charms (even if she still has a crush on him).

I think it'd be cool to explore a character similar to hers in the executive role as secret service boss, but what do you all think?

2Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 5th December 2011, 21:03

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

Yes I love the idea, especially with an "M" who is on the books as being in charge, and thinks she's in charge, but is really a doddering old imbecile. But Moneypenny is really in charge, gives the missions and gets the plane tickets, and going in to talk to "M" is really more like going in to say hi to Grandma who's having a glass of sherry with the Egyption Ambassador type of thing. Hilarious!

3Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 7th December 2011, 23:09

beeayy

beeayy

OK, if everybody is still cool with Moneypenny as the boss (let's call her "Penny Lane" for now, unless anyone has suggestions?) I have some other points to bring up:

First, What's the organization we work for? British Secret Service is ok, but we could be the "Improbable Missions Force" or the "Slightly Secret Service" or something.

Second, Maeglin and I talked about the plot, and here is the rundown.

Episode 1: Licensed to Dress to Kill
There is a Villain (what should his name be?) who is evicting people from a lovely Island between New Zealand and Australia because he recently bought it and wants to turn it into a "penguin reserve." We know that's bogus! It turns out that this guy is really a villain, who is going to use the island as his base of operations for a machine which can control the weather. He will use this machine to take over the world! the Agents, of course, have to stop him.

It needs fleshing out, and that's where you guys come in! Let me know what you think/want to chance, etc. I know the weather machine is notorious in spy-fi movies and we could come up with something else. Maybe he's going to train penguins to deliver bombs to coasts across the globe?

4Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 8th December 2011, 04:24

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

Ooh! Ooh! Yes, I love Penny Lane, and I also want us to be a part of the Improbable Missions Force! Maybe in the first episode we are all recently recruited/reassigned?

5Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 8th December 2011, 14:02

beeayy

beeayy

Sure! I'll make a note that people can write their origin stories too to see where they came from

6Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 18th December 2011, 00:42

beeayy

beeayy

ok, Epi 1 has officially begun!

your characters can already be at the office, or, like Mr. Hubris, be late. Take this first post to introduce yourself to the game, and when I post again I'll give us the mission via Mrs. Green.

Have fun!

7Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 20th December 2011, 18:04

beeayy

beeayy

OK, so does someone want to take us to the ship? At the ship we can stock up on gadgets and whatnot.

Also, Dr. Bob was Calvin's idea. Calvin's brilliant, brilliant idea Razz

Here's why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwgSIwS1m4

8Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 20th December 2011, 18:17

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

God, I hate you, Calvin, you and your brilliant, brilliant ideas.

9Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 20th December 2011, 22:57

Calvin

Calvin

First rule of nameing, start with Bob, then work out from there.

http://www.balaldie.com

10Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 22nd December 2011, 22:54

Calvin

Calvin

I've had an idea. Someone could ask Harcourt if he's any use as a theif, at which point Harcourt will hand them back their wallet!

11Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 22nd December 2011, 23:06

beeayy

beeayy

ok! After you post I'll ask! John will go for anything!

12Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 30th December 2011, 05:19

beeayy

beeayy

so! I changed it so that we get to New Zealand/Australia the next day instead of the next evening. Next poster can cut to us just arriving on land?

13Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 1st January 2012, 01:08

Calvin

Calvin

I'm not sure if robot pengiuns were what you had in mind, but i couldn't resist. Another story i've stolen from the thunderbirds comics i'm afraid.

14Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 1st January 2012, 20:40

beeayy

beeayy

Here is what's in store for plot--what does everyone think?

[from a Calvin/BA discussion]

BA: Im actually having a hard time deciding where I want to go with Candy and the Kid. Should we meet the villain right away? maybe meet some of his sexy beach babes first?

Cal: given how the kid will likly react, throw the babes at him first, then have them greeted warmly by our host

BA: ok, I'm thinking he's got a lounge inside the volcano, with a nice glass wall separating the comfy couches from the lava

Cal: that wall will break at somepoint in the story

Thinking about this via a film plot, Harcourt and Dick have some sort of fight with robot pengins, sneak into the base, find some important information, but then start arguing in the middle of the base and are captured.

Meanwhile our social heros spend the time being socialby, both them and the villain dropping hints that they know what the other is up to. The kid trys to do something to impress Candy, but gets distracted by the robot penginus and is also captured

Dr Bob then invites Candy and 00- to his private office, where they have a 'nice' chat until Bob presses a button revealing a sliding wall, showing Dick, Harcourt and Liam(i think thats his name) suspecnded over a rising pit of lava. So Candy and 00- have to work together desipite their diffrences to free the others

one of them should be injured, leading the other to stay behind and help them back to the boat, so the three captured people have a chance to make up for their embarrassment.

the kid can reprogram the robots, Harcourt gets into a sword fight with Bob, and Dick 'wins' the fight by shooting bob, who falls from a cliff into the sea. Harcourt will of course complaine about Dicks unsporting behavior...

BA: may add one more thing, that Candy and I arrive on the island being followed, and it turns out to be one of Dr. Bob's babes that will say how he's evil but she can say no more, and that's how we get invited to Bob's lounge.

15Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 1st January 2012, 20:43

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Oh I like the plan

16Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 1st January 2012, 21:10

beeayy

beeayy

Ariel! Is it ok if there's a car chase as part of our "being followed" section? It can be the finale of that part (I ask because I'd like Hubris to be able to show off his car driving skills)

17Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 1st January 2012, 21:16

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Hahaha yes I am all for car chases you never need to ask when it comes to that

18Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 1st January 2012, 21:44

beeayy

beeayy

OK! I have it set up so that we go to a restaurant or cafe, and someone observes that we are being watched by a woman. We could leave and try to lose her, but she tails us, and there's an epic car chase at the end. Arial, Miss A, what do you think?

19Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 1st January 2012, 21:51

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

I like it Smile

20Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 1st January 2012, 22:07

MissAusten

MissAusten

Yes, I like the plan too, that sounds awesome. Smile

21Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 10th January 2012, 16:43

beeayy

beeayy

OK! Since we may be starting the rotation thing soon anyway, I am thinking that SG may not get done in any time that is helpful to facilitate the rotation process. Here's my solution: instead of trying to hurry up SG, we take our time, and instead treat SG like the show "24" in that the episodes are relatively short segments of the larger plot. So maybe we end this epi on a cliffhanger, after Phantom and POund get captured, the Kid gets lost trying to impress Candy, and 00- and Candy meet the baddie. (that I think could finish up the episode in 10 posts or less).

What do you think?

22Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 10th January 2012, 16:57

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Sure we can do that.

23Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 10th January 2012, 18:57

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Also MissA and I just talked and if you want we can keep the epi running and you can jump in anytime you want. Even though this might mean that your plans would be changed a little bit.

24Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 11th January 2012, 16:55

beeayy

beeayy

thanks, guys! I appreciate the extra help! I can stay in at least until the end of the episode, and may stay in longer, but as a sort of back up game--if either of you want to move the plot along, go right ahead--just post what you plan on doing in the discussions so that I can see it and play along.

25Episode 1 Plots Empty Re: Episode 1 Plots 11th January 2012, 19:07

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Okay we can do that Smile

I think we are following this plan:
beeayy wrote:Here is what's in store for plot--what does everyone think?

[from a Calvin/BA discussion]

BA: Im actually having a hard time deciding where I want to go with Candy and the Kid. Should we meet the villain right away? maybe meet some of his sexy beach babes first?

Cal: given how the kid will likly react, throw the babes at him first, then have them greeted warmly by our host

BA: ok, I'm thinking he's got a lounge inside the volcano, with a nice glass wall separating the comfy couches from the lava

Cal: that wall will break at somepoint in the story

Thinking about this via a film plot, Harcourt and Dick have some sort of fight with robot pengins, sneak into the base, find some important information, but then start arguing in the middle of the base and are captured.

Meanwhile our social heros spend the time being socialby, both them and the villain dropping hints that they know what the other is up to. The kid trys to do something to impress Candy, but gets distracted by the robot penginus and is also captured

Dr Bob then invites Candy and 00- to his private office, where they have a 'nice' chat until Bob presses a button revealing a sliding wall, showing Dick, Harcourt and Liam(i think thats his name) suspecnded over a rising pit of lava. So Candy and 00- have to work together desipite their diffrences to free the others

one of them should be injured, leading the other to stay behind and help them back to the boat, so the three captured people have a chance to make up for their embarrassment.

the kid can reprogram the robots, Harcourt gets into a sword fight with Bob, and Dick 'wins' the fight by shooting bob, who falls from a cliff into the sea. Harcourt will of course complaine about Dicks unsporting behavior...

BA: may add one more thing, that Candy and I arrive on the island being followed, and it turns out to be one of Dr. Bob's babes that will say how he's evil but she can say no more, and that's how we get invited to Bob's lounge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum