Reanimated:
Reanimated:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reanimated:

A fan site and play by post roleplaying group for popular fictional universes—reanimated!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Man Who Sold The World

+4
MissAusten
Adeneth
Maeglin
Ariel Buttercup
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

51The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:23

MissAusten

MissAusten

Since they left the safehouse Georgie hadn't really talked that much, mainly because she didn't really know how to act in Elenna's presence. She tried to act normally, but everytime she wanted to say something to her she saw her hidden behind her little library on the back seat. Here and then, Georgie caught Rome's glance and his cheeky smile which encouraged her to relax a little, and she greatly appreciated it when he started talking because that made the whole situation a lot easier, although one time she wanted to punch him when he made fun of her huge shoe selection in the trunk, and he dared to ask if they could actually use some of her high heels as weapons.
After driving in silence for a while Elenna finally said something...well, actually asked.
“So tell me Barbie, does Ken have any tattoos I don’t know of? Or any interesting scars? Anything I should to know about him? I mean there must be a secret that every girl wants him, expect of me.”

Awkward moment of silence.

Rome started to laugh, while Georgie's cheeks flushed. She turned around and found Lenna looking at her without any facial expression, only a hint of a smile on her lips.
"Well, since you're not legally an adult yet, I should not tell anything that is inappropriate for someone your age", Georgie replied with a smile, turned around and winked at Rome.

Elenna raised one eyebrow. "Until now I didn't realize that there was actually such as thing as an evil Barbie", she said, and couldnt avoid the grin that was escaping from her lips.

52The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:23

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Lenna was glad the moment was much less awkward with Georgie then it was with Aly. She put the book on the empty seat next to her and moved forward.

"Come on I'm over 18, have sex too, I'm not that innocent. Actually I lost this innocent some time ago. I need to know something, pleeeeaaaaseee. I promise as soon we have a couple of days off I go shopping with you."

Lenna looked younger then she had in a long time, so innocently grinning. It suited her to look like a 19 year old kid and not a 40 year old hunter.

53The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:23

MissAusten

MissAusten

Georgie couldn't believe what Elenna just said. "You, of all people, want to go shopping with me?"

"I don't want to, but I'm willing to", Lenna said. "However, certain details first."

"Ahem", Rome cleared his throat. "I don't know if you two ladies have noticed, but I'm actually sitting right next to you."

Lenna and Georgie stared at him. "So?"

"You're talking about me like I'm not here." He quickly turned around to look at Elenna. "And you, chica, better focus on your books instead of asking poor Georgie how smoking hot I look without any clothes on."

Elenna stuck her tongue out at him.

"Well, to be honst, Rome, I'm quite tempted to reveal certain details to Elenna, now that she has offered to go shopping with me." Georgina flashed him a grin. "I'm dying to do a little experiment with her, like a makeover or something..."

"Wohoo, stop right there, Barbie!", Elenna interrupted. "Do I look like a human guinea pig? I'm not going to be your next experiment, no way! I'd rather invite the devil to a tea party than having to undergo a makeover!"

Rome laughed at the mention of tea party, but Georgie only scrutinized her French manicured nails. "I know exactly what we're going to buy you. Some skirts to emphasize your feminine side, and definiteley some makeup." She turned her head to Elenna, who looked at her dumbfounded. "And we have to do something with that hair..."

"Rome, do something!" Elenna kicked against his seat. "You can't let her do this to me!"

"Hey, you started this thing, don't come crying to me," he told Elenna and smiled at Georgie.

"I can't believe this!" Elenna shook her head. "If I didn't know better I would think you two are shapeshifter. You're just as vicious as any SOB out there."

54The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:24

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

((OOC: This is possibly the funniest post I have ever read. Thanks, Miss A! Hmm...we should make a medal for that or something! Anyway, it deserves a better reply post than I could muster now, so carry on without me! Maybe that's a good commercial-break-scene-ender, anyway! Razz Carry on without me! I'll just be over here giggling inanely...))

55The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:24

Alison

Alison

Allison stared out the window for a while. Being away from the constant hormonal rush that was Caleb was allowing her to think. Maybe she should get get her ya-ya's out with Rome.

She was still cold. There wasn't much to say but she had to try. She knew what the girl was going through.

"Hey, Morrigan? I didn't get a chance to say this at the funeral and I'm sorry but--I lost my older sister so, you know if you ever want to talk or something, I got your back."

56The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:24

Adeneth

Adeneth

Morrigan smiled over at Aly. "Thanks, that means a lot." She stared back at the road for a few minutes, in silence. "I guess I never really appreciated how much Shane looked after me."

Aly nodded and put a hand on her leg. "We tend to take a lot of things for granted."

"I just wonder if I'm doing the right thing, going out here..."

"Someone's got to do it, and you're not so different from the rest of us."

"Maybe that's what scares me," Morrigan confided. "I should be in college enjoying life and looking forward to a career, not hunting God knows what...I don't know. Maybe that's just selfish."

57The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:24

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Lenna looked shocked from Rome to Georgie. “Come on Georgie you have to give me something. Rome stop laughing, when you would give me better advice I would maybe not pick up the only other hunter in a bar.”

Lenna looked from the laughing Rome to laughing Georgie. “Fine keep it a secret, but Georgie don’t expect me to go shopping with you when I don’t get anything back for this. And no it is not enough when you buy the friggin skirts for me. Rome next time you get yourself into trouble don’t come to me.”

Lenna grinned making sure they knew she was not really mad just dying of curiosity, while she leaned back and disappeared behind her book again.

Hours later and the interesting discussion between Lenna and Georgie how disgusting toilets at rest stops are, the Ferrari finally arrive at Jackson. Lenna was driving the last bit which gave Rome the opportunity to find a place to stay.

“Will we have to share rooms?”

58The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:25

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

Rome held his fingers to his lips, asking for silence, as he called the hotel, in answer to Elenna's question.

"Hilton Garden Inn, Jackson Downtown, how can I help you?"

"Hi," Rome replied smoothly to the perky female voice on the other end of the line. "We're just pulling into town and I'd like to reserve some rooms for myself and a few friends."

"Of course, sir, how many rooms?"

"I think we'll get by with three doubles, we'll work it out from there. Some buddies of mine on a road trip, see..."

"Ooh, sounds like fun!" She replied conversationally, presumably as she clicked through her computer database. "You guys gonna see a show?"

"Something like that," Rome replied.

"Well, I have three adjacent rooms for you, non-smoking, on the fourth floor."

"Is that the top floor? I like it on top," he added, jokingly, biting his lip in case she hung up on him.

She thought the joke was cute, or funny, or she missed it entirely, because with an airy laugh she said, "Well, I think the fifth floor is all book and..." Click. Click. Click. "Yup, sorry. Will the fourth floor be okay?"

"That'll be fine."

"Can I get a name?"

"Nick Gant," Rome told her. Georgie and Elenna started quietly bickering about how to program the GPS while she took down his credit card and other information. He snapped his fingers as she read him the list of amenities including free wifi, continental breakfast and the pool being open from 7 to midnight, and, when they were both looking at him, tapped on the window where there loomed a large hotel: the Hilton.

A few blocks down loomed another imposing building, but of chief interest was how freaking full the parking lot was at this hotel: there were at least three huge trailers in the front, and a lot of commotion going on.

There were also cop cars. Lots of them. And an ambulance or two. Rome instinctively ducked down in the car as the perky receptionist was wishing him a pleasant stay.

"Thanks, we'll be there shortly," Rome replied, and hung up his phone. "Holy crap!" he shouted to the girls in the car. "We definitely hit the jackpot here! What the hell d'you think's going on?"

59The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:25

MissAusten

MissAusten

"Looks like we're going to share a room together", Georgie said to Elenna after they had entered the hotel. "That's going to be so much fun, just like college room mates!" She winked at her while Elenna thought of the closest exit she could find in order to escape from the girlish madness that was going to follow if she had to share a room with her.
Georgie wanted to tease her a little. "We're going to stay up all night, paint our toenails, braid our hair and..."

"If I'll wake up with make up on my face I'm going to stab you!" Elenna interrupted.

Georgie smiled. "Got it." She opened her enormous purse and got a newspaper. Elenna raised an eyebrow by the sight of her opening the paper.
"I thought you only carry a dozen of hair brushes and lipstick in that pink thing..."

"Not quite." Georgie handed her the newspaper. "Check out the article."

JACKSON - An autopsy was pending today on the body of 27-year-old Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan, the drummer for the hard rock band Avenged Sevenfold, following his sudden death. Sullivan was found unresponsive Monday outside his hotel room in Jackson, authorities said. The band were coming off their "Good Morning Revival Tour" and were making the trip from Miami, Florida back to LA, California when they stopped in Jackson, MS. Fellow band members report that Martin seemed agitated all night, and left the bar where they were drinking by 11:30pm, before the rest of the band, to take a cab back to the hotel. His mauled body was found on the second floor of the Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown. "It appeared to be a wild animal attack, possibly a large dog.” said Lt. John Dawson of the Jackson Police Department. “It's a coroner's case.” The Coroner's Dept reported that an “investigation is ongoing.”

Elenna's eyes flickered over the paper. "Great, a musician..." She scrutinized the picture of the band that was displayed next to the article. "I know this band, they are great."

Georgie frowned. "You serious? They look like they're on drugs."

Lenna rolled her eyes. "You have no taste. Just because they don't look like Ken doesn't mean they are all depressive drug addicts." She carried on reading the article and ignored Georgie's sigh.

"Hey Lenna..."

"Hm?" Her eyes were still focused on the newspaper.

"Do you happen to know where Rome sleeps?" She asked with an innocent smile.

Lenna looked shocked at the blond girl. "Dude you know he is not the boyfriend type right?"

"Yeah I know." Georgie grinned.

60The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:27

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Lenna looked and Georgie. “There is no such thing as happy ending for hunters. But do whatever you think is right. Just so you know I would let one of you die, because you like Rome’s smile and whatever.”

Lenna took the newspaper. “Rome should know this, this might be important for us and if it just means we have to me really, really careful I don’t wanna end in jail. But I have to make sure Rome is okay, the police around here makes me more nervous than any monster.”

Lenna didn’t wait for the blond girl to say anything. She walked into the hallway and went to the door on the right next to her room. She would tell this no one but she was glad Rome was just next door, he wasn’t far away. She was safe and more than that she wasn’t alone. It seemed for the next couple of weeks she had to remember herself that she wasn’t alone. Her friends, family were just a shout away.

Lenna knocked at Rome’s door and looked over to Georgie and had to smile. Of course she would kill the blond girl if she wakes up with makeup in her face and the idea of a makeover made her feel nauseous, but at the same time she loved those fights with her. They made her feel alive and loved!

“Rome open up, I have some awesome news and well some are not so good. You won’t believe who is staying in the same hotel. Oh and Barbie needs your help to get undressed.” Lenna burst out laughing when the door was suddenly opened. Rome’s face was just too funny.

“Oh Rome, really we have work to do. Here read this article.”

61The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:27

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

"You evil little minx," Rome laughed at Elenna, "you had me at 'taking off clothes'," he joked, hoping Georgie wouldn't kill him.

"I know we have a hunt, okay? So tell me you found something."

Elenna's only response was to shove a newspaper in front of his face, which he took, grumpily, and skimmed over before handing it back to her and turning back to his bed, where his laptop waited for him. "Yeah, okay, you know I don't read if I don't have to, chica, give me the sit-rep."

"Only a rock star was murdered in this hotel," she replied, "by a 'wild animal, or perhaps a large dog,' and we know what that means."

"Werewolf? Black dog? Skin walker?" Rome guessed. But his mind was clearly elsewhere: "Anyway, I know why there's all the cops and security here," he said, highlighting his greatest fear about the current situation. "We've got not one, not two, but three big name bands in this very hotel. That's why they didn't let us in the top floor." He turned his laptop around and pulled up the window for the Mississippi Coliseum--the local big-name venue--which listed the upcoming and past shows:

September 30: Avenged Sevenfold--sold out!
October 2: John Mayer and The White Stripes--almost sold out! buy yours now!
((OOC: Ariel, if my dates are wrong, please change them!))

"So apparently our dead guy performed his Swan Song last night. And whatever it is has anything to do with this hotel we better get cracking, because when I was flirting with the receptionist I found out both these other bands are staying, here, too."

62The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:27

MissAusten

MissAusten

Georgina appeared at the door, leaning against the doorframe while listening to Elenna's and Rome's conversation. "So you think whatever killed that guy is after band members?"

Elenna shrugged her shoulders. "Could be."

Georgie walked towards her, ignoring the fact that Rome was checking out her legs, and streched out her hand. "Could I have the newspaper for a sec?", she asked Elenna who handed her the paper. While she was reading the artile once more, Elenna and Rome got up.

"Let's get going", Rome streched his arms. "We've got work to do."

"By the way, where are Aly and Morrigan?", Elenna asked.

63The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:27

Adeneth

Adeneth

Morrigan pulled up next to Rome's Ferarri. The rest of the drive had been painfully quiet. She didn't necessarily blame Aly. It was hard to talk to someone about death in the family, and it was even harder to make conversation that didn't somehow lead to hunting- which neither of them were in the mood to talk about.

"Hey people, we're finally here. So what's up?"

She looked around at the place, which was a lot busier than she'd hoped. It would make their investigation difficult, and a lot more dangerous for everyone involved.

64The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:27

Alison

Alison

Aly got out of the car and stretched. There was a ton of fanfare going on all around them. She leaned on Rome slightly and waited silently to hear what ghost hunt they were on now.

65The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:28

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

"Good morning, nice of you guys to drop by," Rome said, attempting his best impression of Han Solo in a reference nobody got.

He turned to Morrigan: "Dunno, Mor, we're just guessing at this point." He took the newspaper and handed it to her so she could read it over. "Rock star murdered last night, this hotel room. Some sort of wild animal apparently took the elevator up to the fifth floor and chowed down--or we're dealing with something supernatural. If it's attached to this hotel, we have to work fast because there's obviously a lot of people staying here--including us--and some other rock stars are on the fifth floor, too. Uh, well, pop stars. John Mayer and the White Stripes which, you know, the world won't miss if something decides to go after them," he grinned, but no one got the joke.

"Um. Okay. So, yeah. I guess we spread out and investigate? Maybe you can get into the coroner's, Lennie, see if there's a heart missing or any way to tell what we're dealing with. I'll go see if I can find anything else out from the hotel staff or--hey! FBI time?" he looked eagerly at Aly, but she was pale and shivering.

"Umm, hey, Al, you don't look so good. Maybe you should grab some rack time for a few hours. Feel free to take off all your clothes and crash in my bed, you know," he laughed, but she just shook her head, trying not to grin. "You could get on my laptop and see if you can dig up any dirt on our dead rocker." Without waiting for her to reply: "So, me and Mor check things out here, Lennie and G try and see the body?" he walked back out into the hallway to survey it. "I'll just--"

Rome stopped. His mouth went dry.

"Rome, what's wrong?" Elenna asked. He was just staring at an empty hallway. That was the problem.

Rome backed off, stepped back inside his room, and shook his head to clear it. Like Chief Brody right before he says we need to get a bigger boat. Time to stop ignoring the obvious. Like when it punches you in the face. And it was time to stop ignoring his visions, since people tended to die when he did.

"Um...you know that, ah, that nightmare I had?" he asked Elenna quietly, tentatively, embarrassed by it. She nodded. "Well, uh. It happened in this hotel. I recognize the--ha, the endtable, of all things, against the window there, at the end of the hall. And I have a feeling..." He went back to his computer and searched around for half a minute. "Uh. Yeah. And I saw our rocker get ripped to shreds. I don't know what it is, and I don't know if this is good or bad, but if what I saw is true, we're not dealing with a werewolf or a Black Dog or...anything I know of."

66The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:28

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Lenna looked a bit surprised at Rome, she knew he was scared of coming to Jackson from the beginning but to see him that… not Rome like was weird. It felt nearly as if she had switched places with him. This time it was her turn to take care of him.

Really weird.

She sounded nearly cheerful, well maybe not happy cheerful but truly as if she meant what she said.

“Okay, that is a good thing. You say it is in this hotel, makes it easier for us to find it and we can’t be surprised by it, since we know it is here. We have to check the history of the hotel if anything happened here.”

Why do I feel like that I’m suddenly in the leader position? I don’t wanna be team leader. And we have a case of the kicked-puppy-syndrome.

Lenna sat down next to Rome looked at the laptop and trying to sound not excited that Rome might be the biggest clue they had. She didn’t want to pressure him; after all he didn’t think his visions could be a good thing. “When you say it we’re not dealing with a Black Dog or a werewolf does this mean you saw it?”

“No.”

Kicked-puppy-syndrome I can’t hug him now or he might get in the car and drive as fast as possible back to Tex.

“Can you describe how it looks? Maybe I know it or we can search for it.”

“It was invisible.” Rome sounded a bit annoyed.

“Okay, sorry. Never mind. We just have to be prepared. We should start to make sure the hotel rooms are monster free and stay that way and when we leave them we won’t go unarmed. That is our big advantage about everyone else in this hotel; we know it is not a normal animal we are dealing with. Everything will be alright.” The last sentence was meant to be for Rome and Lenna did hope he knew that. She had already started the search in her mind to find out what they were dealing with.

“So who is coming with me to check out our dead rock star? I just have to dress up to look more serious.”

67The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:28

MissAusten

MissAusten

"Well, guess that would be me", Georgie put her arm around Elenna's shoulder. "I would be a lousy friend if I wouldn't help you with the 'getting-dressed-up' part."

The brunette girl stared at her warningly. "Just in case you didn't get it, I'm going to repeat it once more: I have to dress up to look more serious. You got that? S-e-r-i-o-u-s."

"I know how to spell that word, honey", Georgie replied with a mocking smile.

"So, that means nothing pink, glittery, shiny, girly, or anything that looks like you're about to vomit unicorns."

Rome laughed, but Georgie only shrugged her shoulders. "Don't worry, we'll find something serious for you", she said with a sarcastic voice. "And then we're going to check out that guy."

"That just sounded like you were looking for your future husband", Lenna grinned.

"Well, he's dead, for once, and secondly, he's definitely not my type."

68The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:29

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Lenna shook her head and went back next door to get changed.

“Georgie, I ‘m perfectly capable to dress on my own, I think since a couple of years now. I even have a suit for occasion like this.”

Lenna grinned while she changed in her serious outfit.

“Not that I like what I’m wearing, it is itchy and it makes me look silly.”

To underline her new seriousness she put on her glasses. This made Georgie start laughing.

“Has Rome ever seen you like this? You look like a librarian, and not an ugly one more from the hot type.”

“Shut up. What does you ID box has for this occasion? Since they think it was a wild animal I guess the US Wildlife service Predator Management is the best shot we have.”

“Why do I have the feeling you mostly check out the corpse?” Georgie appeared to be a bit disgusted by Lenna’s excitement.

“That is nearly as fascinating as doing the research.”

Georgie rolled her eyes. Lenna managed to hide her knife under her jacket and this time it she couldn’t get cut. She had salt and Holy Water in a bag, as her notebook and a couple of herbs and of course a pen in case she needed to gear up for some magic. She poked her head back into Rome’s room.

“Guys? Georgie and I are heading out to have some fun with the corpse. Catch you later.”

Georgie and Lenna went to get a rental which was the least suspicious thing to do, not that it hadn't crossed Lenna's mind to borrow a car from the parking lot, but the police was still outside.

Outside the morgue Lenna asked. “Ready to go?”

“As ready as I can be.”

The two girls went confident inside. Georgie looked a bit surprised at the changed Lenna and this time it was a good change.

“Hello I and my partner are from the US Wildlife service, we are here to investigate the attack on Mr James Owen Sullivan.” The girls showed their ID’s.

“The doctor is not here right now.” The assistant of the medical examiner wasn’t the friendly type of guy.

“We don’t need the doctor for our investigation. When you would be so kind and show us the corpse, we don’t have the whole day to waste.”

“Fine but there is not much to see ladies.” The guy put his sandwich down so he could do what he was told.

“That is not your concern to be.” Lenna didn’t sound like the book crazy 19 year hunter chick, she sounded scary serious and much older. She turned around to Georgie and flashed a winning smile as soon the assistant turned his back to them to show them the dead body.

69The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:30

Alison

Alison

Aly rolled her eyes to his suggestion of his bed--tempting for later but right now she just needed a good long soak in a hot tub. That would revive her.

She glanced around the scene already feeling that investigative twinge begin in the back of her mind. She felt the chill leaving her and the strength return to her--odd, she'd thought she was getting sick for a while there but now it was like whatever flu assailed her had better things to do and left.

She still wouldn't turn down the hot bath though and she did need to change out of her street clothes if she was going to intermingle with the law enforcement. Unlike plainclothes detectives, FBI rarely got out of the suit.

She tired to keep the skepticism out of her voice as she addressed Rome's newest out of body experience.

"So you dreamed that a dog tore up a rock star...another skin walker? Or maybe one of the groupies poodles gone wild?" She couldn't resist. She was starting to return to the same old Aly.

She went with Rome and Morrigan back to his room and started to change non-nonchalantly as the door closed and she walked into the bathroom. That hot bath would be reserved as reward for the end of a hard day's night of investigation--as it always was.

She came back out in a navy blue suit, her favorite color, and black blouse that she was still buttoning up over her lacy black bra.

She left her hair down this time.

"Alright, so I go play with the investigators. What's the game plan, Spooky?"

70The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:30

Maeglin

Maeglin
Admin

Rome cocked his head to one side. "'Spooky?'" he said, unimpressed. "Like, seriously, that's the best you can come up with? I got The Shining, what do you got?" He laughed, but it wasn't funny. In fact, it was scary.

"So, anyway, yeah, you go get your FBI on--Mor, you got a suit? You could go with her. Or try to talk to some of the hotel staff, see what you can find out."

"Why, what are you gonna do, Rome?" Morrigan asked.

Rome rolled his eyes: "Watch some pay-per-view and order room service while you ladies do all the work, naturally." He laughed, and began rummaging through his bags. Presently he pulled out some black Dickey's and a black t-shirt, exclaiming enthusiastically, "I always wanted to be a Roadie when I grew up!

71The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:30

MissAusten

MissAusten

Elenna and Georgie followed the assistant to the morgue. The entire time Georgie tried not to laugh because her friend looked so serious in her 'hot librarian' outfit, and the glasses were just the cherry on top. While they were entering a rather cold and stiff room, Elenna noticed Georgie's glance and turned her head towards her.
"What?", she asked but before Georgie could answer, the assistant turned around.

"Something wrong?"

The girls shook their heads simultaneously and watched him uncovering the corpse of James Sullivan.
Elenna and Georgie got closer and examined the body. Since the assistant kept a close eyes on them they had to chose their words carefully and act like they were here because the US Wildlife service had sent them. The girls scrutinized the deep wounds and were surprised that it actually looked like an animal attack.

"Looks like he got attacked by a huge dog or something", the assistant said.

"In the Hilton hotel?" Georgie mumbled. "Must have been a dog with a very bad temper..." She added with a sarcastic voice.

Elenna wore gloves, but Georgie still didn't like this part of the job. The brunette didn't cared, she didn't even flinched, and hell she nearly enjoyed digging around in the dead man’s organs. She pushed the gut and some undefined flesh. She took the scalpel to cut the diaphragm this was the moment when the assistant raised his voice. "Excuse me Miss what do you think you are doing?"

Elenna looked at the guy, and it was clear what she said with her eyes. "Dude I'm having a sharp object in my hand and you really don't wanna mess with me. Not now when I'm having fun." Georgie covered her huge smile by the mask she put on.

"Sir I need to do my investigations. And there is a really savage wild dog in this area. They tend to prefer to play with their prey's organs. And unfortunately they have a rare disease that is passed on by the leftover of its prey. So please step back and let me do my job." Only Georgie heard the dangerous tone in her friend's voice.

The assistant stepped back but not as the girls might have hoped out of the room. Elenna sighed when she found the heart, but just when she out the scalpel back on the tray she found something.

"Pssst..." Elenna waved at her. "Come here and have a look at this."

Fortunately the assistant was focused on some documents, so Georgie walked around the table and stood next to Elenna.

"Sulfur", Elenna whispered.

Georgie raised her eyebrows. "You're right..." She looked the yellow stuff on Elenna's fingertips.

"Guess it wasn't a bad-tempered puppy after all." Lenna cleared her throat when she noticed the assistant staring at them. "My partner and I are done with our observation."

72The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:31

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Lenna pulled Georgie by her arm back out in the sun. A tallish guy was watching them from the corner, but he was gone somehow before she could see him clearly.

“Listen Georgie, this was nothing I have seen yet. I mean the guy had its heart, and well he wasn’t really the prey not in a way Black Dogs would have eaten him. This looks like pure destruction. And what about the sulfur, I mean what the hell. I will send a text the others what we have and then we will hit the library. So you better are ready to read a lot of old books.”

“Oh joy, that will be fun.” The sarcasm was clearly in her voice.

Lenna grinned. “It won’t be that bad as sooner we finish this job the sooner you will get your shopping trip with me, well if you give me details I can use.”

“We’ll see.”

Lenna was glad she didn’t have to work alone anymore.

“I’m glad you are here G, really glad.” Lenna blushed and before Georgie could say anything she took unlocked the car and through the keys to the blond girl. “You are driving.” She took out her phone and texted to her team.

Hey guys, it was not a werewolf or Black Dog or anything I know. G and I are going to the library.

The two girls drove to the library and Lenna could use her favorite fake ID, the ID that said she is the chief book of restoration of the Harvard University Library. This ID opened her every door in every library.

The young librarian got nervous. “Is there any problem?” Lenna smiled friendly. “Not at all, I would like to see you special collection about demonology I am looking for a long lost book.”

Georgie looked a bit annoyed but Lenna looked like she was in heaven, surrounded by all the book.

73The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:31

Adeneth

Adeneth

Morrigan grabbed Rome's shirt and threw it at him, sticking out her tongue. It was just his style, sending the girls out to do the dirty work.

He laughed at her before lounging with some food.

"I really shouldn't tell my parents I'm faking being an FBI agent. Even though they're hunters, they'd never approve of this..."

Aly smiled. "Well, at least there's someone legit to back you up."

Morrigan nodded, "Yeah, sure. If we get caught, I'm totally blaming you guys."

74The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:31

Alison

Alison

It felt good to wear the badge again--even if it was fake this time.

She smiled and shut Rome in his room. He could do whatever he wanted as far as she was concerned. She knew who the better investigator was.

"Don't worry about getting caught. You're my probie, which means you only answer to me. Anyone asks you what the FBI are doing here you crack a joke, or send them to me."

The girl still looked concerned.

"You're FBI now girly, we step into that crime scene and we own it."

Special Agents Beretta and Wesson--sounded like characters from the latest paperback crime novel. She liked it.

The doors of the elevator opened onto chaos. Home sweet home.

Aly's eyes latched on the nearest uniform. She strode up with badge out.

"Special Agents Wesson and Beretta, FBI. Who's in charge here?"

Just like that they found themselves in the middle of the case of the decade.

75The Man Who Sold The World - Page 3 Empty Re: The Man Who Sold The World 9th November 2011, 14:32

MissAusten

MissAusten

While they followed the young librarian through the aisles of the library, Elenna's eyes were shining like the ones of a child in front of a christmas tree. Georgie couldn't believe how someone could get so excited about old, dusty books. She would have been more excited if this was a huge walk-in closet stuffed with Louiboutin and Prada shoes. But she had to wait until the moment that she would finally take Elenna on one of her 'shop-until-you-drop- tours' and she couldn't wait to introduce her friend to the world of Versace mini skirts and Gucci purses. But until then there was a lot of work to do, which meant they had to bury their noses in books first.
Almost at the end of the building, in the right hand corner, the librarian stopped, took out the keys and unlocked the big vitrine in front of them.

"This is a special and very rare collection about demonology", the librarian said. She looked at the girls rather suspiciously, but quickly cleared her throat and stepped back. "Please let me know when you're done so I can come back with the keys."

Georgie and Elenna nodded and waited impatiently until the librarian was gone.

"Geez, did you see the look on her face?" Georgina turned to Elenna. "Like she was thinking that we would do some ridiculous vodoo spell on her or something..."

"Yeah, she's probably not used to people looking for demonology", Lenna replied while turning around to face the books. "Wow, they look so...so..."

"Old", Georgie cut her off with a sarcastic voice.

Elenna rolled her eyes. "Valuable." She carefully pulled out a heavy green book and held it in her hands like a fragile vase. "Sometimes I just love my job!"

Georgie shook her head but couldn't avoid a smile.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum