Reanimated:
Reanimated:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reanimated:

A fan site and play by post roleplaying group for popular fictional universes—reanimated!

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm not a girl, not yet a woman

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I'm not a girl, not yet a woman Empty I'm not a girl, not yet a woman 6th December 2016, 21:46

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Late December 2026

River was nervous she was packing her duffle back. The two families decided they would rent a large mountain chalet in Vermont to celebrate Christmas together. Hercules was sitting on his little chair watching his owner curiously.”Don’t judge me okay. I know this sweater is kind of stupid, but well it sort of is supposed to look nice on me.”

Hercules huffed and hid his head under his paw.

“Yeah thanks Herc’.” She stuffed several more books in her duffle and then dragged it out on the corridor.

“River have you finished packing? We got to leave soon. I made some pizza so go get food.” Lenna smiled at her daughter and then she saw the worry in her daughter’s face and body. No Lenna had not Georgie’s empathy powers but she was spending a lot of time with her daughter so she knew when River was worried. They way she was holding herself, biting her bottom lip and the way she was taking deep breaths but without success to calm herself. “River, are you alright Hase?”

River looked at her mother, she loved it that her mother called Hase -the German word for rabbit-.

“I’m okay, it’s just a little bit weird to go and share a house with Xavier. I know he has seen me in my PJ’s and stuff but…”

“It’s different now?” Lenna put down the stuff she was holding and pulled her daughter in her arms. “I want you to know something, we all know this is a bit hard for you. I told you that you will have your own room. The boys share a room but you are having the small room by yourself. If you need to be alone we understand. And if Xavier does not he can come talk to me, if he starts bugging you come and see me or your Dad and he tell him to bug off.”

“Thanks Mom. I know it’s a bit silly. I just don’t want to embarrass myself in front of him.” River mumbles suddenly rather insecure and unlike her.

“I know. Listen I wanted to ask you something and I am not asking to embarrass you but to make sure you are okay. Is Edward making you do anything that you do not want to do with him?”

River looked at her mother for a moment, Elenna Remington was pretty, she was small and despite having been three times pregnant and once with twins she still had a nice body despite turning forty-one in a few days. “No, I mean sometimes he goes a step further before me but if I tell him no he accepts that.”

Lenna looked at her daughter just as intensely Georgie would to read her feelings, but she could not. “That is okay as long as he respects your wishes… how far does Edward go?” Le asked gentle still holding her daughter in her arms.

“We are still fully clothed, we kiss a lot and… er I don’t know is it second base? We feel each other up.” She whispered.

Lenna giggled. “Yeah that is okay, I am not trying to tell you what you can and can’t do but you are twelve and I think anything more than a bit of dressed feeling up it too much.”
Lenna felt her daughter relax and nod, she was relieved that her Mom said she knew she was not ready for more. “Now go get pizza before the boys ate it all. I got you your favorite, Hawaii with extra sweet corn and tuna. I still think it’s a weird mix but it is downstairs for you.” Lenna kissed her daughter on top of her head and let her run off. “No pizza for Hercules!”

“Okay!” River skipped down and seemed to have calmed down a little.

“You know you have changed, you’ve grown up somehow in the last twenty two years I’ve known you.”

“Ah shit and I hoped I would stay the weird kid that doesn’t know how to handle social activities.” Lenna laughed but leaned into her husband’s embrace. “I think you changed a little bit too… you wait two months before you need a new phone and you gave up trying to teach me how to use all those high tech phones.”

“Yeah I guess we both grown these past years.” Rome kissed Lenna gentle on the lips, and then took a deep breath. “The way how you handle River and Edward… is kind of amazing. You are meant to be the insensitive one and here you are connecting with her in ways that is incredible. I wanted to go and rip him a new one when she said he is going faster than her but you, you just stayed calm and listened to her.”

“Well I am with her a lot, we talk a lot, when we have lesson we not always follow the material to get to the wanted result. She is weird and awkward in so many situations but she does talk about her feelings and she is feelings so much sometimes maybe even too much for her to understand. Now let me get the last packing done and you are so carrying River’s duffle downstairs. I think she will have packed at least ten books if not more.”

Rome laughed and picked up the duffle of his daughter and it did shock him how heavy it was. “I think it’s fifteen books.”

Meanwhile downstairs in the kitchen

“What the fuck? Who ate my pizza?” River marched into the large kitchen, looking at the table where her brothers were sitting and her pizza was missing.

“Relax chica your weird pizza is in the oven. Mom knew she had to get you and you hate your pizza cold. Hercules go away you are not getting pizza, Mom says it is really bad for you. River no Hercules cannot have my crust.” Ryan grabbed his little sister around the waist to stop her from giving her tiny dog his cheese stuffed crust. Raws took his plate to help his brother. River laughed loudly and tried to get to the crust.

“Oh come on just a little bit.”

“If you don’t listen I will drop your pizza on the floor.” Remus was holding River’s pizza just about to drop on the floor when she stopped fighting her brother.

“Fine, sorry Herc no pizza for you.” Lenna laughed as she sat down proper at the table, her parents did teach her table manners.

“You not gonna be all kissing and weird with Edward, will you?” Raws teased his sister.

“Shut up idiot.”

“Hey, hey. We are not calling each other names.” Lenna came in and filled her daughter’s glass with juice.

“I’m sorry but he did act like one.” River moaned, but grinned widely when she bit her in weird surf and turf pizza, tune, sweet corn, ham and pineapple.

“We won’t do little groups but we also respect each other’s wishes. Now eat up we have twenty minutes before Georgie arrives, and you know your aunt will be here early.” Lenna checked the list she had written and put a bowl of dog food down for Hercules her daughter’s dog. The little Yorkie mix, he was just a year old. “River you are spoiling your dog. He is not eating his dog food anymore. You can’t give him all this human food it is really bad for him. I am serious! Do you want him to get ill? I printed you some studies to read in the car but I mean it. No more human food.” Lenna looked strict with her Mom look at her daughter. River wanted to argue but she bit her tongue and nodded, when the doorbell rang.

“Darn I am not finished with my pizza can I eat it in the car, please Mom?” River was panicking and so was Hercules he suddenly wolfed down his food.

“Yes you may, but take a napkin.”

“You are not ready? We said we meet at twelve?” Georgie came in the kitchen looking stressed.

“I know we did and it is twenty minutes to twelve, but we are all ready. River is gonna eat in the car.”

“No she will not, not in my car!” Georgie kissed her goddaughter on the cheek.

“I was hoping you would ride with me?” Edward said grinning at his girlfriend. “May I?” He pointed at the leftover pizza on the table, he was a little wary of River’s brothers since he got together with her.

“Yes, whatever they say. They were finished.” River grinned at him but blushed when she noticed that everyone was looking at them.

“Come on boys load up the car, if you want you can ride with Georgie that means Hercules will be in your car Georgie.” Lenna chuckled she knew she hated having a dog in her car.

“I know and Edward did a kind thing he made him a car seat in the car.” Georgie smiled at River, the young girl was so excited about this small gesture.

“He needs a seatbelt.” River mumbled with a full mouth of pizza and juice.

“Excuse me, manners.” Georgie said not too strict, but kind of serious. “And I know he got one in turquoise with a matching blanket and harness.”

“Thanks you are the best!” River grinned still having her mouth full of pizza.

“When you wrapped the pizza up and take loads of napkins you can eat in the car. But I think we should leave. We meet as we said at the house? Logan texted me he will be coming from the other side so we meet him there.” Georgie looked at Lenna waiting for an answer but Lenna was helping her daughter to wrap her pizza into tinfoil so that she could continue her lunch in the car.

“Yes we meet you there.”

Georgie took River’s jacket and also Hercules’ and went out to her big SUV.

“Buckle up!” Georgie said as she got in the passenger seat.

“River! I am so glad you are driving with us. Look you gonna sit in the middle and Hercules on the right side and I sit on the left side.” Edward grinned happy at his girlfriend and pulled her in a hug, he knew that she felt uncomfortable with display of feelings. River smiled at Edward, a little shy.

“Thanks for inviting me and Hercules and thanks for his little corner in your Mom’s car. Sorry about the pizza I was late for lunch. Auntie my bag is in my car right?”

“Yes don’t worry. I got your backpack here, the one you always have I hope that was right?” Georgie smiled but she and Adam both decided unless spoken to they would give the two youngsters privacy.

“Thanks yes it has my travel stuff.” River smiled while she ate her pizza.
And still Adam who was driving couldn’t hold his tongue. He had this stern and concentrated look on his face. “You not gonna canoodle in the back there will you?”

Three people looked blank-faced at him. Georgie shook her head -she felt the youngsters’ discomfort-, River blushed deep red and hid her face, it was Edward that caught himself first. “No Dad we will not unless you and Mom start canoodling.”
All four fell quiet, Edward gently touched her knee until she smiled and seemed to have calmed down.

“Do you wanna have some pizza?” River turned to Edward and offered him some pizza.

“No thanks, I am still not having the same taste as you with your surf and turf pizza. We got drinks and snacks; hey I was thinking because we are driving over three hours we could play cluedo.” Edward liked that the two were sitting so close to each other but it wasn’t in any way sexual.

“Sure, do you mind if I continue eating?” River asked.

“Since I know you and you probably had no breakfast no please eat your lunch but we can start the game anyway.” Edward shuffled he cards when River suddenly turned sideways and kissed him half on the lips and half on the cheeks.

“I missed you Xavier.” River mumbled quickly stuffing more pizza in her mouth. Edward grinned and kissed her back on her chewing cheek.

“I know we had some busy five days. It will be good to spend two weeks together.”

Despite having to drive over three hours, with a break four, the drive went by quickly. Georgie parked the car next to her oldest son Logan’s when River all the sudden jumped out of the car and ran of crying.

“River?” Edward called after her but his Mom put a hand on her shoulder.

“It’s alright I go. Go help Adam to get our things inside. It will be alright.” Georgie kissed her son on the cheek and followed River.

“Honey? I am not using my powers but I can see something is up.” Georgie walked up slowly putting on her own jacket while she offered River her jacket. River was still crying but she seemed to be calm down.

“I ruined your car.” River whispered.

“What do you mean, did you drop your pizza?”

“No…” River walked closer to Georgie and whispered. “I think I… er I’m bleeding.”

It took Georgie a moment to realize what River meant.  “Oh I see. River is that the first time?”

River nodded still crying. “And it hurts.”

“Oh dear, having cramps sucks. Okay do you have anything with you?”

“No-o.”

“Don’t worry I have some things and until your bag arrives and you can wear my home suit it is warm and comfortable. I also have something to help you against the cramps. Do you want me to talk to Edward?” Georgie saw River calm down right in front of her.

“Yes to all, can I call my Mom?”

“Of course, do you have your phone?”

River nodded, the two girls walked back to the house where River went straight into her room avoiding Edward. She would call her Mom telling her what happened and ask her to get her more things she needed.

“Edward? Come here a minute. Listen River got a bit surprised. She is fine but her body is changing and she didn’t expect to start her period so soon. Give her a little bit of space okay.”

Edward looked a bit surprised at his Mom but then melted her heart. “Is there anything I can do to make her feel better? Get her chocolate or a hot water bottle. I can ask Logan to drive me down into town and I buy her products?”

“I think you should ask her but for now, she will stay home and she is a little bit embarrassed so take a step back.” Georgie looked intensely at her son.

“I will, don’t worry Mom.” Edward smiled encouraging at his Mom. And then went to look for River.

“River?” Edward heard a loud bang and then a shout from his girlfriend’s bathroom. “Just a minute.”

It took a few minutes and then she came out sort of drowning in Georgie’s pink house suit but she seemed calmer, she still looked discomforted but not too freaked out anymore.

“Hey… er… Mom talked to me. Listen I will just say one thing and then I won’t mention the whole topic again. If you need me to do anything you can ask me. Mom did mention that your are having cramps it helps her sometimes to have hot water bottle or-“

“Can we just sit in the living room and watch a movie? I know the plan was to go out for dinner but I’d rather stay here, maybe eat some sweets and watch crappy movies.” River whispered.

“Sounds perfect.” Edward stretched out his hand but stopped himself. “Are you okay if I take your hand?”

River stepped closer. “Actually could you give me a hug?”

Edward smiled and pulled his girlfriend in a tight embrace. “I am sorry this step in life is not easily done for you. Let’s go watch some crappy movies and eat sweets.”

River nodded into her boyfriend chest. “It just surprised me a little give me some time and I am on top of this.”

Despite the rather traumatic start did they all have a good time together.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum