Reanimated:
Reanimated:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reanimated:

A fan site and play by post roleplaying group for popular fictional universes—reanimated!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Growing Up

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 16]

201Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 11th March 2013, 22:22

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

It was later then Alfie expected to be home but then he finally walked through the door of his flat and was greeted by his boy. But as soon as Ricky saw him he knew with who he had been.

“Hey.” His boy said sounding rather hurt.

“I gonna shower.” Alfie said nearly sounding as hurt as Ricky or more guilty. Alfie didn’t look a second time at Ricky when he ran upstairs. He was scrubbing his body and didn’t care how much the soap stung on his sore body. Why did he always do this? Why could he not stop sleeping with the one person Ricky asked him to? The more he thought about it the more he scrubbed his skin, he felt like he can still smell the bitch’s perfume on him and it was making him sick. And there it was he heaved the little stomach contents –mainly liquid anyway- onto the shower drain. This was insane he never felt like this when he slept with Sofiya before. Alfie was heavily breathing and the more he tried to figure out why he felt so sick the more clearer did he remember Ricky’s hurt look.

“Fuck!” For a while he was standing under the shower not moving just starring at the water running down the drain. He didn’t know how long he was actually under the shower when suddenly he felt those soft arms wrapping around his stomach.

“This looks like it hurts.” Ricky whispered as he kissed the scratches on Alfie back, which were clearly from Sofiya’s nails.

“It doesn’t” Alfie whispered back but his flinches gave him away. Ricky kissed every sore part of LAfie’s body until he wanted to throw up again because Sofiya didn’t get it at all. He did not deserve a boyfriend like Ricky, not the slightest but here he was having this boy love him so much that he steps over his own shadow and pain to make his pain better.

God this is fucked up!

202Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 12th March 2013, 17:17

MissAusten

MissAusten

They didn’t say anything for a while and Ricky just held on to his boyfriend, his head leaning against Alfie’s shoulder. There were moments when nobody had to say anything and yet those quiet moments were more powerful than those with words.

“Put some clothes on and go to bed”, Ricky said calmly after they left the shower.

“You know that I usually don’t wear anything in bed.”

“Well, this time I want you to wear something otherwise you’ll get cold.”

“I never get cold.”

“You’ve been in a hot shower for a very long time, you might get-“

“Okay, okay.”

Ricky smiled. “Thanks.” He was already in his pyjamas and headed towards the door. “I’ll be right back.”

“Where are you going?”

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to run off.”

“I don’t worry”, Alfie said dryly.

Ricky smiled. “I know.”

When Ricky came back, Alfie was already in bed, and since he didn’t really own a ‘normal’ pyjama- why would he, he preferred sleeping without anything- he wore his underpants and a simple t-shirt that he usually wore under his ten layers of expensive clothes.

“Here.” Ricky handed him a cup of hot chocolate with extra whipped cream and little marshmallows.

Alfie raised his eyebrows. “How old do you think I am?”

“You don’t need to have a certain age to drink hot chocolate”, his boyfriend replied while he sat down next to him and got out a book. “Now we’re doing what my mom always did when I had a bad day. She always made me hot chocolate and read my favourite fairy tales to me.”

Alfie stared at the book in Ricky’s hands. “Are you serious?”

“I know you usually read something a bit more, let’s say, challenging, but tonight we just do it my way. Did your mother ever-“ He suddenly stopped before he finished the question.

“Did she what?”

Ricky shook his head. “Never mind.”

“Read fairy tales to me? Yeah, sure, and she always baked me cookies and sang me to sleep”, Alfie said sarcastically.

“I’m sorry, I just…I’m so used to my mother and the way she could always make me feel better, and I just always assumed that’s what mothers were meant to do, you know?”

“You’re lucky you have her”, Alfie said, staring down at his cup.

“I know.” Ricky was quiet for a moment. “But now you have me, and I may not be mother material, but I want to pass on what I learned from my mom, it doesn’t matter that you’re not a child anymore, you deserve this just as much.” With ‘this’ he was referring to love, but he knew how weird Alfie got when someone said that word in front of him. “Anyway!” Ricky cleared his throat. “I’m going to read my favourite fairy tale to you, Cinderella.”

“Seriously? Cinderella?” Alfie raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, I always liked this one the most. When I was little I liked to hear how someone who had to sleep in ashes next to the chimney and wear old rags every day found her handsome prince in the end and later became a princess.”

Alfie watched his Lover Boy quietly for a moment. “What if the prince is a total douchebag?”

“He’s not.”

“How do you know?”

“Because Cinderella lived happily ever after with him, and if he was a douchebag, she wouldn’t be happy with him”, Ricky said very matter-of-factly and opened the book. “Now be quiet and drink your hot chocolate.” He leaned closer and planted a kiss on Alfie’s head, then he started to read.

203Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 18th March 2013, 20:59

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

A little while later it was maybe nearly March

Alfie was sitting on THE couch, reading a book (a whiskey next to his side, of course) when Ricky came home from work.

“Hey”, he said, not looking up because he actually read a book he hadn’t read before, and when he really liked a book he didn’t look up, not even when the Queen in person would start a lap dance for him- okay, that was rather disturbing. Well, maybe if his Lover Boy would do that instead of the Queen he might look up.

“Hi.” Ricky put his bag aside, and when he noticed that Alfie didn’t pay any attention, he walked over to him and kissed him.

“I’m trying to read”, Alfie mumbled beneath the kiss but Ricky gently grabbed the book and grinned.

“Well, now that I’m at home you don’t need to read anymore because there’s actually another person who wouldn’t mind having a conversation instead of watching someone reading.”

“You’re getting all bossy lately.” Alfie smirked while he pulled his boyfriend on his lap. “I like that. It’s like watching a baby penguin trying to kick a sea lion in the balls.”

“Now you’re making fun of me, aren’t you?” Ricky raised his eyebrows.

“Slightly.” He started unbuttoning Ricky’s blouse, but that same moment Ricky pulled away.

“Sorry, can’t do.”

“Excuse me?”

“I have tones of work to do tonight and I really need to get it done.” Ricky got up and went to get his bag.

“No, you don’t”, Alfie said dryly.

“Yes, I do.”

“No, you don’t.”

“Alfie, seriously, I have to get this stuff done tonight.” Ricky sat down at the table and got out his materials.

“At least a quickie?”

Ricky sighed. “If you let me finish my work now I might be done a bit earlier and then I’ll have time for you.”

Alfie crossed his arms, he was definitely not used to people ‘not having time’ for him. Everybody HAD to make time for him, it was always like that. “You know, I could just get out and find a prostitute to shag.”

Ricky looked up. “That’s not fair.”

He rolled his eyes. “Why do you have to do this work tonight anyway? I mean, you’re one of those crazy people who have always prepared everything in like a week advance…”

“Yes, I know. Originally I wanted to do this on the weekend, but this weekend I’ll be busy from morning to evening, so-“

“Wait, what are you doing this weekend?” Alfie looked a bit suspicious.

“Why are you out of all people asking me that? You should know exactly what’s happening this weekend.”

“Is someone committing an assassination on the Gray family?”

Ricky rolled his eyes. “No. It’s this Oxford anniversary celebration where all former students are invited, and those who work there have to come, so it’s mandatory but you should know. Not only did you get an invite-“

“That I successfully ignored…”

“But”, Ricky continued. “It will be held at your parents’ house this weekend.”

Silence.

Alfie thought he didn’t hear him properly. Yes, his mother had tried to call him the past week like crazy but he never answered because he was sure that she only wanted to talk about marriage again, and yes, he heard his father mentioning this anniversary weekend once a few months ago, but he had already forgotten about it.

“You’re not going?” It was less a question and more a ‘you better not going!’

“Of course I’m going”, Ricky said while he started taking notes in his book. “Like I said, it’s mandatory for those who work at the university, so that included me.”

“You’re not going.” This time it was not a question.

“Do you want me to repeat this again? I have to-“

“No.” Alfie started to sound harsh. “Hell no! You stay here and blow this whole thing off, period.”

Ricky looked at him. “Are you joking? I can’t just blow it off, and besides, you can’t forbid me to go if I have to go.”

“Well, but I am.”

“You’re what?”

“Forbidding you to go.”

Ricky chuckled. “This is getting ridiculous.”

“I’m serious, Ricky. You’re not going.”

The younger boy was quiet for a moment. “Why are you getting so mad about the fact that I’m going to this anniversary?”

“It’s not about the anniversary. It’s just…I don’t want you to go.” Alfie grabbed his whiskey and drank it as fast as if it was just plain water. “You’re going to stay right here.”

Ricky looking worried at Alfie. He didn’t understand why he was suddenly so mad at him. “Alfie I know you think my job is stupid and pointless but I like that I make at least a little bit of money. I need to do this otherwise I would just feel like your nothing but my pimp. And I have to go to this anniversary. I would lose my job. Do you want this?”

“I don’t give a damn shit about your job, I told you thousands of times that you don’t have to work. So quit because you are not going, end of discussion.” Alfie said strict while he poured himself another drink.

“Alfie this is no discussion what you are doing, you are ordering me something and you know that I am not one of your servants. So as long as you don’t give me a proper reason why I shouldn’t go I am going and I would like it very much when you come with me.” Ricky said very calmly even though when it hurt him very much that Alfie apparently thought he could order him around like any other servant or unprivileged.

204Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 18th March 2013, 21:25

MissAusten

MissAusten

Alfie didn’t say anything for a while. Everyone knew about his parents, his scary grandmother and his annoying sister who was always the centre of attention, but nobody knew about how he had been as a child, and how he had grown up, and he never wanted anyone to know about this, it was something he just didn’t want to share or talk about, not even with Ricky. Especially not with him. Also, he didn’t want to say that he worried, he really, really worried that Ricky would run away the second he would meet the Jacksons in person, because as much as Alfie hated it, they were still a part of him, and maybe one day he would become just like his father, even though he tried everything not to. Ricky would both get an insight into this private part of Alfie’s life and at the same time he would get freaked out by the family and leave him right away. The last thing Alfie wanted was Ricky ever meeting his family- and ever entering that mansion where Alfie grew up pretty much by himself, with all the luxury one could get, but alone.

“Why do you always need reasons?” Alfie sounded almost pissed.

“You seriously want to know why I want reasons for you trying to manipulate my work?”

“I don’t manipulate your work.”

“Yes, you do. You’re bossing me around like a servant and try to force me to quit my work. Why? So that I can spend all my time serving you, 24 hours, 7 days a week?”

“That’s ridiculous.”

“Oh really? If that’s not the reason, what is it then? I’m tired of you treating me like your personal whore that you pay on a regular basis, so if you would please leave me this little bit of work which makes me feel a little bit like a normal person…”

“Whoa, hold on. You think just because I have sex with you makes you my personal whore?”

“No, that’s not what I meant.” Ricky shook his head. “Besides, that’s not the point here. All I want to know is why you don’t want me to go.”

Alfie took a deep breath. “Most likely you’ll run into my parents. And my sister. And if God really hates you, you will run into my grandmother as well. And believe me, you don’t want to run into these people, okay? They treat people like you…well…they won’t be nice.” That was all Alfie would say, he wouldn’t mention that he was worried about losing Ricky after he met his horrible family.

“Are you worried that-“

“No, I’m not worried!”, Alfie interrupted him harshly. “But I know that you’re a little cry-baby and you will be the one crying your eyes out after you met my family, and I’ll be the one saying ‘I told you so’, and don’t you think of getting a hug from me or any nice words, because you were the one who wanted to go!”
Okay, that was harsh. Too harsh. He hadn’t planned on being that harsh, but now it happened, and since he never said sorry he didn’t apologize this time either.
Of course, as expected, Ricky had that ‘kicked and beaten puppy face’ again. Oh man, he was so good in pulling that off and he made everyone feel so horrible if he looked like that, and because he made Alfie feel bad too, Alfie got even more annoyed.
“You can’t even take criticism without bursting into tears, so you will be very likely to commit suicide after you met my family because they sure as hell won’t be nice to you.”
All Alfie actually wanted to say was ‘I care too much about you to let you get hurt by those people’, but he was pretty sure that Ricky didn’t really get the message, definitely not now, after he had behaved like a jerk again.

205Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 19th March 2013, 20:14

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Ricky opened his mouth once more but then didn’t say anything he shook his head, collected all his thinks together and went in his office. Normally he didn’t like working in it but right now he couldn’t stand Alfie. He hated it when he was bossing him around. But he needed to finish this work and he had to go to the anniversary he would simply try and avoid Alfie’s family. The next few days were rather cold until Saturday morning.
“That is me than gone, are you sure you don’t want to come with me Alfie?” Ricky asked they both knew what he was talking about, but he didn’t say anything.
Alfie didn’t react when Ricky talked to him. Ricky shook his head just before he was out of the door he said. “Do not drink the entire bottle and have some of the chicken pie I made it’s in the kitchen. Just put a portion of it in the microwave. Please. I’ll see you tonight.”
And that was Ricky gone. He took his new car to drive to the Jackson mansion. It was impressive. There was a valet service and so many people. So far Ricky new nearly no one well a few other teacher he knew from seeing them on campus but no one yet really. He knew that Jo and Liam would be here too but they would come a little later. He took a glass of juice and also some of the finger food. While he wandered through the lower salons. He was impressed by everything this was even more extravagant then Waterfall Downs before it became a school. Apparently did the Jackson prefer showing of their wealth while the Williams never had.

On the other side of Oxford a different way of getting ready for the big event.

“Liam? Where are you? Your dad will be here any minute to take the girls for the day.” Jo shouted from Jane’s nursery to get a few more nappies just in case.

“I know he just rang I opened the door.” Liam said back loudly.

“Hello Jo.” Graham poked his head through Jane’s nursery door.

“Oh, Graham.” Jo blushed so much that it made her husband grin his so typical boyish grin. “Sorry I didn’t mean to shout like that, it’s just um…”

“A little nervous of leaving the girls with me? It will be fine. I got the car-seats in my car, my house well I guess it is not childproofed but I will watch them like a hawk. I got food and I know you packed food for them as well, I know how to change their nappies and I do not mind to do so. The girls will be as safe as they can be, and Jane will love it to hear me play and Jill can walk around and make a mess.” Graham hugged his daughter in law tightly.

“I know, I’m sorry it is not that I don’t trust you I’m just nervous that’s all. Jill is proper walking on her own which is insane it is so much earlier then any book said but she is walking and even started talking, her first word was moon. And Jane is still her quiet self, she observes rooms and has a certain routine and she gets really irritated when you break it. I wrote the routine down. And…”

“Jo, beautiful we are still in Oxford so don’t worry if the girls get too upset we can go and pick them up, or just I go when you need to stay a little longer.” Liam hugged Jo from behind to calm her down she had one of her now very rare moments of feeling loosing it. Jo took a deep breath, she had to smile the soft smell from his lab and well Ireland.

“Sorry I know. It must sound silly.”

Graham smiled at his daughter-in-law. “No it is not you just love them and only want the best for them. And I will do my best to take good care of them.”

Jo nodded, Ellen knocked at the door. “Missis Jo would you like me to help Graham with the twins downstairs? It might be easier to say goodbye to them here.”

“Yes thank you.” Jo turn to her two darling daughters Jane was sleeping as so often, her oldest daughter seemed to need more naps during the day as her younger sister, while Jill looked smiling at her mother. “My darling you will have a wonderful day with Daideo. I love you so much.”

Jo kissed Jill and then Ellen picked up the little girl and one of the bags. Jo gently kissed Jane very gently and then she kissed Graham on the cheek. “Enjoy your day with the girls.”

“I will. Enjoy your day of being just a couple and not parents.” Graham took Jane and the second bag, a small smiled played around his lips. “Son, you watch your big girl while I watch the little ones.”

206Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 20th March 2013, 16:58

MissAusten

MissAusten

Liam grinned. “I’m already on it”, he said while reaching out for Jo’s hand. He kissed his daughters good bye and said bye to his dad and Ellen, although he had no idea that Ellen would apparently help Graham out with watching the girls, but that was a good thing because she really knew what to do and had much experience with little ones whereas Graham had less experience when it came to that.

“Where are you going?”, Liam asked when he noticed that Jo didn’t head to the garage.

“We’re taking Charles this time.”

“Your personal driver? Why?”

“Because we’re not driving to a random grocery store somewhere in town, we’re driving to the Jackson mansion, and believe me, it looks very bad when a woman drives a car and everyone will talk about me and-“

“I can drive.”

Jo raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, good joke, honey.”

“What?”

“If I’ll let you drive, we will never arrive. So let’s just get in the car and let Charles drive for once. After all, that’s his job.” Jo headed towards the expensive car that was waiting close to the entrance.

“Okay, okay”, Liam mumbled and got in the car, sitting next to Jo in the backseat. “Ehm…can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“So, how important are the Jacksons, like, really? Are they the average upper class snobs or what? Sorry, I still don’t know how the English upper class really functions, well, and Alfie doesn’t talk much about his family, so I don’t know a lot about them either. I just want to know how to behave when I’m there, like, can I talk with my accent?”

Jo scrutinized her husband with both eyebrows raised. “Oh no, the Jacksons are not the average upper class snobs, they are on top of the pyramid. They are not just upper class, they are upper upper upper class, you know? And Lord Jackson…he’s one hell of a scary man. He seems very nice on the outside, but he can destroy your entire life, your family, your reputation with just one wink of his eye, so you don’t want to mess with him.”

“I’m not planning to.”

“Good. And as for your accent…I know it’s hard to get rid of it completely, but try to speak a little more…ehm…English. Believe me, I hate saying that to you, you know how much I love the fact that you’re Irish, but you can trust me when I say when you’re invited in the Jackson mansion, you can’t afford to behave weirdly, and speaking with an Irish accent is considered weird.”

“I’ll just shut my mouth the entire day and don’t speak to anyone, period.”

“Well, that’s considered rude, and you don’t want to come across rude in the Jackson mansion.”

“Anything else?”, Liam asked sarcastically.

“Well, the typical; no improper behaviour, no writing with your left hand-“

“What?”

“Just don’t.” Jo took a deep breath and continued. “No rude jokes, no swearing-“

“But Alfie swears all the time. And makes really rude jokes.”

“Alfie is their son, that’s different. You, however, shouldn’t make inappropriate jokes in front of any member of the Jacksons, not even his sister, because she’s a snitch and would rat you out to her parents, believe me, she’s that kind of person.”

“How do I know who his sister is? It’s not like he has family pictures in his flat.”

“I’ll show her to you, don’t worry.”

Liam sighed. “Man, why are rich people so exhausting?”

Jo chuckled. “Try living with those people every day.”

“No wonder Alfie couldn’t wait to get his own place”, Liam mumbled, looking briefly at his Mickey Mouse watch.

Meanwhile
Ever since Ricky left, Alfie couldn’t relax at all, he was constantly getting up and walked around, carrying the whiskey bottle with him but he didn’t drink any. It took him about an hour when he gave up, put the bottle down, called his driver and was off to his parents’ house. He couldn’t leave Ricky completely alone among those awful people. Sure, there were some from Ricky’s social class as well since it was an anniversary where everyone from Oxford University was invited, but Alfie was sure Ricky would run into the worst of the people; including his family.
Alfie hated going home, no matter if it was just a normal Sunday lunch or a big event, going home was always like pulling teeth. The only thing he could hope was that everyone was too busy to really pay attention to him and just leave him alone. Hopefully.
When Alfie got out of the car, he decided to smoke first before he would get in there. He already felt the tension rising the closer he got to the entrance and he immediately had that urge to smoke again, so he got out a pack of cigarettes that he always brought along when he paid his family a visit, and looked for a hidden spot somewhere outside, but before he had the chance he ran into his sister who was also standing outside, smoking.

“Oh, look who the cat dragged in.” She raised her eyebrows when she noticed Alfie. “If that isn’t my baby brother…What the hell are you doing here? Did the boss call you personally, hm?”

“No.” Alfie lit his cigarette and stood next to Cecilia. They didn’t look similar at all, nobody would guess that they could possibly be related.

“You would never come here voluntarily, so what made you go?”

“I just didn’t want mother terrorizing me with phone calls, which she would do if I wouldn’t have come today”, he said, not mentioning the fact that the only reason he came was because he wanted to look out for the boy he cared about . “And you’re here why?”

Cecilia rolled her eyes. “Same reason as yours. I bloody don’t want mother to call me and yell at me why I didn’t come while I’m getting a facial.”

“Is grandmother here?”

“Oh, yes…” Cecilia lit a second cigarette. “That’s why I’m standing right here. She’s bloody horrifying today, I had to get a break.”

“She’s always horrifying”, Alfie replied dryly. “Where’s your fiancé?”

“Inside, talking with the men of Oxford’s rowing club. Speaking of fiancé…” Cecilia looked up to her younger brother who was a lot taller than her. “What did I hear about you and Mary-Alice?”

“Excuse me?”

“You know, the daughter of Lord Harrison.”

“I know who she is, she was in my school. We always called her ‘Mary’ because she was a bloody old virgin.”

“So you took her virginity, I guess?”

“No, I haven’t seen her since we graduated from school, and she’s like the most boring girl ever, I bet she wears ruffled underwear”, Alfie said sarcastically.

“Well, I heard mother talking about her…you know, as the possible future Mrs Alfred Jackson. Since I know this nun is obviously not your image of a future bride I already thought you might have screwed her and she ended up pregnant or something and you have to get married now.”

“What? No way in hell!”

“Well, then you better find someone and get married soon, because the moment I will get married all the attention will move over to you, do you know that? They won’t care about me anymore since I’m married, but they will pay attention to you and what kind of stuff is going on behind their back…”

Alfie rolled his eyes. “Like I care.”

“Oh, you will care, brother. The boss will make sure his only son is going to be his little puppet.”

“Just shut up.”

“No, you shut up.”

“Fuck you, Cecilia.”

“Fuck you right back, Alfred.”

“Alfie?” You came?”

Alfie almost froze when he heard Ricky’s voice behind him. He noticed that suspicious look on Cecilia’s face as she watched the younger boy. Alfie turned around. He had no other chance but to be rude otherwise his sister would know that something was going on between them.
“Why do you ask so stupid? Of course I came, this is my house after all.”

Ricky looked hurt, but he understood the message. His eyes wandered to the woman next to him. Was she one of Alfie’s countless affairs? She didn’t really look like his type, she was rather small and looked as if she had sucked on a lemon, and Alfie was quite picky with the girls he slept with, they always had to look pretty enough.

Cecilia looked at her brother again. “Who is this kid?” She now turned to Ricky again. “Did you get lost anywhere? Can’t you find your mommy?”

“He’s not that young”, Alfie said coldly. “He’s working at the university.”

“What? He doesn’t look older than fourteen.”

“Whatever, I’m going inside.” Alfie threw the remaining part of the cigarette on the floor and grabbed Ricky’s shoulder roughly to get away from Cecilia as fast as possible.

“Who was that?”, Ricky asked.

“My sister.”

“Seriously? You don’t look alike, not in the slightest.”

“And guess what, she’s the nicest in the family, you haven’t met the others yet, have you?”

Ricky shook his head. “So why did you come?”

Alfie couldn’t answer because the second he stepped into the building all attention was on him, and from every side came people he knew or his parents knew, and they pushed Ricky away so that they could all talk to him. There were so many people that Alfie quickly lost track of where Ricky was.

207Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 20th March 2013, 21:06

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jo leaned against his shoulder. “I’m not saying don’t be yourself just try not to act to much country boy and remember the little etiquette I told you?”

Liam nodded. He knew that Jo did not ask just for her sake, for her status but she wanted him to look good now that he was a headmaster of a school.

“You know that I love you exactly the way you are, right?”

“I know you tell me every day.” Liam kissed Jo and let his love carry him away and started making out with Jo, she looked beautiful in her simply silk green dress and he could clearly feel her curves under the thin fabric of her dress.
Charles cleared his throat. “Mr O’Doherty, Missis Josephine we just passed the gate and will reach the front entrance in about 5 minutes. I thought you might want an appropriated entrance.”

Jo giggled. “Yes thanks for the warning; we got a little carried away.”

Liam sighed and took Jo’s hand. “Just be the charming man you are when you are teaching and everyone will love you.”

Charles just stopped the car and got out to let out JO while Liam got out on his side straightened his jacket and went around the car to take Jo’s arm. Charles quickly went and whispered their name to a servant and when Jo and Liam walked in the salon a loud knock was to hear and they were announced.

“Mr Liam O’Doherty and Lady Josephine O’Doherty.”

“Man now I feel like I’m in an Austen novel.” Liam moaned and made Jo giggle, he loved it when he made her giggle in this girlish way.

“I always knew you are my Mr. Darcy.”

A few important people approached the couple, Jo took a deep breath and braced herself to lots of boring conversations.

On the other side of the mansion.

Ricky got separated even though when he really wished he could have a minute to talk to Alfie alone. He saw the pictures at the walls somehow he remembered telling Jo how rich parents are like and now he was worried, they might look like a family but somehow all the pictures looked like they haven’t actually stand that close together as the Jackson did on the pictures. He went around a corner and bumped into Alfie’s sister again.

“Oh hello.” Ricky smiled a little shy he wasn’t sure what to say to her.

208Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 22nd March 2013, 14:43

MissAusten

MissAusten

Cecilia scrutinized him from head to toe. Since she had no idea who he was he could only be from the lower class, because she knew everyone who had an important name, and that boy obviously didn’t belong to their society.
She made sure nobody around them listened to their conversation, then she smiled coldly.
“So you’re his newest toy, hm?”

“Excuse me?”

“Oh, my brother always had a thing for little, innocent things, it keeps him entertained and it’s always more fun to use innocent people and dump them afterwards.”

Ricky didn’t say anything.

“Yes, true, he likes screwing virgins, but all the people I remember were…” She cleared her throat. “Girls.”

“I…I don’t know what you want to say, but I-“

“Oh, and you’re ignorant as well, now isn’t that adorable!” She leaned a bit closer. “Now listen to me, kid, he’s only using you, and the moment he gets tired of you- which will be soon, because he gets bored by all the little virgins he has- he will toss you right in the trash, because you don’t matter anything to him. In fact, nobody matters anything to him. He wants you to blow him, and then he’s done with you. So you better get back to mommy and daddy soon before he gets bored of you.” Cecilia looked at the boy with a cold smile, then she turned to some ladies she knew and left him standing there.

On the other side of the room
Liam did what he knew was best in his case; be quiet. While Jo talked to an older couple who were apparently good friends with her father, Liam just stood silently next to her and looked around for a bit. This building was enormous, the ceiling was so high that it was almost hard to see where it stopped. So far he didn’t recognise anyone he knew, but at least Victor wouldn’t be here since the Grays weren’t welcomed anywhere near the Jacksons. While Liam looked around, he noticed a few very valuable paintings that he usually only saw in museums, he really didn’t want to know how expensive they must have been. Among those paintings a large oil portrait of the Jackson family caught his attention. He guessed the little blond boy in the tailor suit was Alfie, and the girl in that ridiculous purple dress his older sister. Liam had a hard time holding back a grin by the sight of little Alfie all dressed up and looking so innocent, he had never seen pictures of him as a child before and he sure was one cute little boy, hard to imagine what would become of him as he got older. He had definitely lost that whole ‘looking innocent’ aspect over the years. And he probably didn’t wear sailor suits with a ruffled white blouse anymore either.

“Liam?” Jo turned to him after the old couple left. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just a little hungry. I guess they don’t serve any finger food at this place, do they?”

She just looked at him. “You serious?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Just thought I would ask.”

209Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 22nd March 2013, 22:23

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Ricky starred at Cecilia. Was she for real? Maybe she was right and he wasn’t more than a toy for Alfie? It scared him to think that he didn’t mean anything to Alfie. Ricky shook his head. He saw Alfie in the distance talking to people Ricky didn’t know, and somehow Alfie looked like he had lost something or maybe someone?

“That is not true, she doesn’t know what she is saying.” Ricky mumbled to himself.

“Talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity. Are you insane Mr Butcher?” Lady Charlotte asked, of course knowing who Ricky was. It was her job to know who was who in Oxford and she sure knew the weird boy her son was being a mentor.

“No your Ladyship. I just thought out loud. I’m sorry.” Ricky knew of course who Lady Charlotte Jackson was. It would have been a shame if he didn’t. After all everyone knew her. “It is an honour to be here at your house. It is so beautiful.” Ricky smiled. He really hoped that Lady Charlotte didn’t know what he and her son were doing. This would not be right, she was old school and of course knew what was said about boys like him.

Meanwhile in the salon.
“Oh Liam.” Jo giggled and got a few cookies out from her purse.

“Hey awesome, but why do you have cookies in your purse?” Liam asked munching the cookies like he was starving. Jo laughed and kissed her husband.

“The buffet will be opened soon so don’t worry about the food.” Jo whispered.

“Ladies and Gentleman, when you please lift your glasses to our well treasured English institution Oxford University. The Jackson’s men always knew proper English education when they saw it and with this University we have… blah blah blah… let us drink to the proper English Institution Oxford University.” Lord Jackson said loudly, well no his speech was more a half an hour lecture about the manhood of Oxford University not even Jo really listened. Everyone lifted their glass when someone said. “To the Jacksons.” And of course the other guests followed their example and toasted to the Jacksons.
Jo and most guests went to find their tables and there it was, the seat card with Jo’s name ‘Lady Josephine Williams’.

“What the hell?” Jo asked actually sounding angry. She looked at all the other seat cards but Liam’s name was nowhere at the table. “You waiter I want to talk to the party planner, right away.” Jo sounded like the spoiled girl she could have been that the waiter did not even dares answer back to her. The party planer came in a hurry because Jo might not be such a huge person as a Jackson but she was important enough that people did not want her angry.

“Lady Williams, is there a problem?”

“A problem? When shall I start? I am a married woman since over a year, my name is Josephine O’Doherty. I demand that my husband is sitting with me at the table. What is wrong with you people that you do not accept that I chose a man not as crazy as all of you high society ignorant?” Jo nagged loud enough that people turned around.

“Jo what are you doing?” Liam whispered.

“I am sick that people look at your like a dirty piece I carry around with me.” Jo said hotly. The party planer had no chance but move Jo to another table where still two spaces where free because the guests had declined their coming in the last moment. Jo was smiling during the meal, her husband was sitting next to her and people were talking about them.

210Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 22nd March 2013, 22:58

MissAusten

MissAusten

Lady Charlotte Jackson kept her eyes fixed on Ricky. She didn't even blink while she scrutinized the young man in front of her.
“Thank you”, she said, and it obviously didn’t come from the heart- just like everything else. On one hand Ricky hoped someone would come up to her and distract her, but on the other hand he knew he had to get to know Alfie’s family a bit better, fully aware that they were not the nicest people, but they were still his boyfriend’s family.
“So, how on earth did you manage to convince my son to come here? I most certainly couldn’t convince him, well, I couldn’t even reach him because he never answered the phone.”

Ricky had to choose his words very carefully. “I…um…it wasn’t me who convinced him. I didn’t even know he was coming.”

There was not one facial expression on Lady Charlotte’s face. Alfie had warned him that she never showed any emotion in her face, but Ricky hadn’t expected it to be that bad. It was seriously scary, as if he was looking into the fact of a lifeless person.
“Is that so?” Her voice was just as cold as her entire appearance. Ricky wondered how it must have been for Alfie to grow up with a mother who didn’t show any sign of emotion. How could someone expect a child to be loving and friendly if that child never experienced what love was in the first place?
“And I thought you and Alfred spent a lot of time together…” There was a weird undertone in her voice, and it made Ricky damn nervous. She looked at him knowingly, as if she knew it, all of it.

Ricky took a deep breath. “Well, since I work every day, we don’t see each other very often.” He had to lie to her, he couldn’t say ‘hey, we share a flat, in fact, we share a bed together!’

Lady Charlotte kept looking at him without any expression. “So, Mr Butcher, a young man your age is usually thinking of getting married. Is there any particular young lady I might now?”

First of all, this was a personal question, and secondly, Ricky knew exactly what she was doing, but he wouldn’t let it get to him, he had to remain calm.
“I’m afraid no.”

It almost looked like there was a strange spark in her eye. “That is a pity. I highly believe that all young and decent gentlemen should be married, especially to avoid certain…rumours…”

Ricky felt like his heart stopped beating, but then someone saved him. Two ladies, obviously incredibly wealthy, greeted Lady Charlotte, and before she got the chance to say something to him he politely excused himself and the moment he turned away he already felt a hand grabbing his shirt and pulling him away.

“What did she say to you?” Alfie looked completely freaked out. Before Ricky could answer, he pulled him outside again. “I can’t believe it, I’m here for less than half an hour and feel like locking them all up in a gas chamber!”

“Alfie, calm down!” Ricky touched his hand, but the older boy pulled away, after all, they could be seen by someone.
He quickly got out another cigarette. “What did she say to you?!” He almost shouted at poor Ricky.

Ricky didn’t have the chance to answer because someone interrupted them- again.
An old woman, all dressed in Chanel, and definitely smelling like Chanel Nr 5 (Ricky knew all the perfumes there were) showed up behind Alfie and snatched the cigarette away from him.

“Are you people everywhere?”, Alfie mumbled annoyed when he looked down at his grandmother. “Can’t I have a break for five minutes?”

Lady Eleanor Jackson ignored the comment of her only grandson completely. “That’s bad for you”, she said while she started smoking the cigarette herself.

“So why are you smoking then?”

“I’m 85, I don’t have much time left anyway, so it doesn’t really matter. But you…” She scrutinized her grandson sceptically while she took a pull on the cigarette. “You can’t die before you produced at least one heir, and it better be a boy. I don’t want any more girls hopping around here…” She coughed, but then continued smoking.

“I’m sure Cecilia will get pregnant soon, and then you don’t have to worry that there are no heirs to your family.”

Lady Eleanor huffed. “I have no doubt your sister will only have girls. She hates boys, and someone as stubborn and determined as her will get what she wants.”

“Well…you do know that there is no button that you can press which says ‘boy’ or ‘girl’, right?”

“Spare me with your sarcasm, young man.” She threw him a strict side-glance.

Alfie tried to come up with an excuse to get away from his grandmother, but before he could think any further she interrupted his thoughts.
“So, why aren’t you married yet?”

He sighed. He knew that question would come up sooner or later because she was always nagging him with that, just like his mother.
“Honestly, Alfred, it really concerns me. Back in my days a man your age was already married for six years and had three children.”

“Well, yeah, back in your days was quite some time ago…”

“Don’t be so sassy, Alfred”, she replied strictly. “So, why is it that you’re not married yet? Is it because you are too picky? Or because your parents don’t approve of your choice of young women you bring home? I guess it’s because you’re too picky, isn’t it?” She looked at him without any facial expression.

Alfie crossed his arms, there was absolutely no point in talking with this annoying woman. On the other hand, if he would tell her the truth, there was a possibility that she might get a heart attack, which was a very tempting thought… But he decided not to.

“You know they say strange things about unmarried men…”

He raised his eyebrows. “No kidding.”

“What was that?”

“Nothing.”

Lady Eleanor pursed her lips. “This is a very serious matter, Alfred. Also, there are only a few women who are suitable for this family, but they are either married already or they will get married soon, so the only women who remain are from the lower class, and I most certainly don’t want any of those in this family…”

“Grandmother, you do-“

“Since your mother obviously hasn’t done it already, I will find a suitable wife for you if nobody is doing anything.”

“You don’t need to find a wife for me”, he replied dryly. He was very tempted to get out another cigarette, but he wanted to avoid her nagging, so he didn’t.

“Well, you are obviously not capable of finding one yourself…” She watched him with that strict glance of hers again, and then she finally looked at Ricky who just stood there and said nothing. “I thought this is an anniversary for former Oxford students and the staff, not for little school boys. Is he someone’s son? Or a new butler?”

Alfie bit his lip. “No, grandmother, he works at the university.”

Ricky was just about to introduce himself when Lady Eleanor turned away and ignored him all together again. Alfie gave him a sign to take the chance and get the hell away from here.

211Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 22nd March 2013, 23:26

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Ricky felt Alfie’s hand tightly around his arm, it nearly hurt him but for the moment he didn’t say anything. They managed to get away from Alfie’s grandmother when he shook Ricky again. “What did my mother say to you?” He hissed angry and somehow sounding dangerous. Ricky looked at the floor when he mumbled. “She asked if I am married and mentioned that about young men that are not married certain rumours are going around.” For the first time he actually thought that Alfie was right he shouldn’t have come. Not because of Alfie’s family but because of what might happen if they dare to spread the rumour about him? Would they do that? He never thought that his private life would threaten his career.

“Alfred!” It was his grandmother again, and unfortunately he had forgotten to let go of Ricky’s arm. “A word with the boy alone.” Her voice was colder than ice and it took all of Alfie’s strength to let go of Ricky. Alfie knew that Ricky now actually was scared and Alfie wanted more than anything wrap him tightly in his arms and tell him they can go home now in their safety nest but he couldn’t so he let go of his Lover boy’s arm. And the cold hand of Lady Eleanor Jackson grabbed Ricky’s shoulder tightly.

“Your Ladyship may I ask what this is about?” Ricky asked while he was stumbling over the grass all the way in the house into a study.

“I know very well what you are Mr Butcher and I do not appreciate men like you being the companion of my grandson. Men like you belong locked up so that they can’t hurt little boys. Am I understood Mr Butcher?”

Ricky looked shocked at Lady Eleanor, he nodded. “I think we are done here.” He managed to take off her hand and basically ran out of the study. He bit his lip to stop the tears from pouring out. Without any idea where he was running he fled a few stairs up into a room he sure thought that he could cry his heart out before he would manage to sneak away. It was the fact that Lady Eleanor ordered him to stay away and called him a paedophile. He never thought about hurting a child, never and he knew that being gay wasn’t a sickness but right now he was actually wondering if it was.

Ricky was sitting in a far corner of a room, it was weird this room looked somehow familiar.

212Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 24th March 2013, 14:44

MissAusten

MissAusten

Liam grinned at his wife. “Look at you…”

Jo turned her head to him. “What?”

“All bossy.”

Her cheeks started to flush a little. “Well…I’m just tired of those people treating you like that, those snobby old brats.”

He leaned closer and kissed her on the cheek. “I appreciate you defending me. It’s kind of hot.”

Jo smiled shyly and was about to say something when she noticed an older woman standing not too far from their table.
“Oh, that is my literature professor from my first year at uni, I loved her. Do you mind if I quickly say hello to her?”

“Go ahead.”

Jo also kissed him on the cheek, then she got up and walked towards the woman. Liam sat there for a minute, but then he decided to look for the bathroom and got up as well. There was such a large crowd that he quickly lost track of Jo.

On the other side of the room

Okay. This was fantastic. Absolutely brilliant. Now if his mother hadn’t already scared Ricky away, then his grandmother sure as hell did that job for her!
Alfie had no idea where she had taken Ricky, when he tried to look for him he was blocked by a few guests who tried to talk to him, and when he wanted to excuse himself from them to find Ricky, his mother and her best friends showed up in front of him like a big wall, keeping him away from the other boy. While Alfie stood there in the enormous halls of the Jackson villa, surrounded by people he knew but never gave a damn about, he realized that this was it. Whatever his grandmother would say to Ricky, it would give him every reason to not only leave him, but leave this town, leave England, leave Great Britain, and he would probably take his parents with him, so that they could be safe as well.
After a few torturing minutes of listening about crumpets and the nice weather, Alfie finally managed to get away from his mother’s friends, and in that moment he finally saw a face that he didn’t mind seeing at all.
“Hey little man”, he said, but he didn’t manage to sound very enthusiastic.

“Dude, is this seriously where you grew up? This is bloody huge!” Liam looked around. “I already lost Jo somewhere, someone she knows started talking to her. Apparently everyone here knows her, so I kind of feel…yeah…like the fifth wheel on the wagon again, but that’s nothing new.” He shrugged his shoulders. “Stupid question; Victor is not coming, right?”

“Hell no! My parents hate the Grays just as much as I hate Victor, we’re like the Montagues and Capulets…only without a love story. And no dramatic death.”

“Yeah, I figured…” Liam noticed that something was up with Alfie. “Are you okay?”

Of course Alfie put on his tough face, as always. “Well, besides being stuck with people I hate, I’m fine.” He was quiet for a moment. “Have you seen Ricky by any chance?”

Liam wasn’t sure if he imagined it, but did Alfie just sound…worried?
“No, I haven’t. We just arrived, but I bet Jo will run into him soon, those two are like magnets and constantly draw towards each other”, he said jokingly.

“Yeah, probably…” Alfie couldn’t tell Liam what was going on, and he wouldn’t have the time anyway since he already saw some of his former classmates coming towards him, and he so didn’t want to talk about the good, old school times right now. “Sorry, man, I don’t want to leave you with those dreadful people, but I really have to check something.”

“That’s okay, I’ll just try and find Jo”, he replied. “You sure you’re ok-“ He couldn’t finish his sentence because his friend had already turned away from him and vanished among the crowd of people.
Alfie had no idea where Ricky could be, but he wouldn’t be surprised if he was already gone. The next time his grandmother forced him to join her for tea, he would put something in her drink that would make her puke all day long.
Alfie knew it was pointless to look for Ricky in this giant house, so all he was doing now was getting away from all the people, and there were only a few places he knew were ‘safe’, like his room, which he could lock. Alfie passed one of those family oil portraits that they had all around the house. Every year a portrait was painted, one where all the Jacksons looked like a family, not like selfish, cold, arrogant or heartless people who only cared about being on top of the pyramid and looking down at everyone else. The portrait Alfie was just passing had been painted when he was about six years old, by that time he was still smaller than Cecilia, who had her hand on his shoulder as if she was a caring and protective sister. Of course she never was caring nor protective. She was the most spoilt little girl in England, and now she was one of England’s finest bitches.
Alfie opened the door to his room and immediately froze. Ricky sat in the corner of the floor, a book on his lap. Not any book, one particular… He looked up, not crying anymore, but he still had puffy eyes.
“Did anyone ever read that to you?”, he asked quietly and held up a very valuable copy of ‘The Little Prince’.

Alfie wanted to snap it away from him and tell him to get the hell out of this room, but he so couldn’t do that. “What do you think? As if my mother would have sat next to me and did a little story time…” He sounded colder than he had intended to, it was just the fact that he hated seeing Ricky in this room and getting an insight into his past. He wasn’t supposed to see this. “How did you get in this room?” He was actually too afraid to ask how the conversation with his grandmother was.

“I didn’t know it was you’re room, I just…I didn’t see where I was going and I ended up here. It’s very nice…”, Ricky said quietly. “You said you moved out after school, right?”

“Yes.”

“It’s weird…” A weak smile appeared on his face. “You lived here until you were seventeen or eighteen, but the room looks like a little boy had lived here, and nobody else.”

“Is that a problem?”

“No.” Ricky shook his head. “It’s just…I could never picture you as a little boy, if I wouldn’t know it any better I would think you were born as an adult, but this…” His eyes wandered around the room. “It’s the proof that even you were a child once. And it’s nice, I like it…”

Alfie grew tenser the longer they were in this room. “Being a child in this house is anything but nice”, he said coldly and then grabbed the book that Ricky was holding. “You know who gave me this book? My elementary teacher. After she said that there were a few lessons about life I had to learn because my parents have obviously not taught me those important things, and I told her that my parents didn’t have time to teach me those things because my mother was spending most of her times at the doctor’s getting her face lifted while my father was more busy screwing women who were not my mother. I had to go to detention afterwards.”
Alfie looked at the book. The truth was, he had read that book every night back then to figure out which lessons his teacher meant, but he didn’t get it, not because he wasn’t smart enough, but because things like the fact that love mattered more than money only irritated him, especially the book’s most famous quote; ‘It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye’. He knew he could try to read it again and maybe he would understand it a little more, but he didn’t want to because it reminded him only of his childhood.
Alfie put the book back, among all the other books of his childhood. They were both quiet for a moment, nobody dared to say something, but then Alfie finally asked it.
“So, when are you leaving?”
He didn’t mean leaving this house. He meant leaving him. There was no way Ricky would stay just a day longer with him, not after whatever his grandmother had said.

213Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 24th March 2013, 16:26

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Ricky got up and wiped his last tears away from his face. “Now.” Since he thought he meant this house. Alfie nodded he didn’t look at him. Being in his room in which he had spent so many lonely hours and now also being left by his… Ricky.

“Are you here with your driver? You wanna drive with me?” Ricky whispered. Alfie stood there thinking about what to do next. “I can drive with you.” He snapped somehow a little irritated.
Ricky nodded and together they managed to go through the servant’s staircase and found Ricky’s car. Alfie looked at it, it would be the last time his Lover boy drove it since he wouldn’t take it. It is a reminder of the horror he just experienced. They both were silent on the drive and when they reach the flat Alfie sat down on the couch without turning on the light this time he emptied the whiskey glass within seconds and filled it again. Ricky starred at Alfie wasn’t he the one told to be sick and never see him again?

“Your grandmother told me I am not the right kind of person to be around you.” Ricky whispered. He didn’t know why he told that Alfie. He took off his shoes and sat down next to Alfie, before he leaned closer until he was snuggled closely against his boyfriend’s chest. “You were right I shouldn’t have gone to the party, but you should have told me why. Alfie don’t do this okay don’t lock me out of your life because you think there are things I don’t like. I love you and no matter if that scares you but I want to know everything about you including the bad things.”

Alfie was stiff and didn’t say anything, until he suddenly pushed Ricky away. “Just shut up Rick.”
Ricky looked at him, and suddenly it hit him. Alfie was scared, scared that after Ricky met his family he would leave him. Ricky leaned forward to kiss Alfie but he was pushing him away. Ricky shook his head. “I don’t care if no one loved you when you were a little boy, I love you now and I’m not going anywhere! Do you hear me? Until you look at me and say ‘I want you to go’ and really mean it I will be your Lizzie! Until death do us part!”

Still at the Jackson manor
Jo was still talking to her old Professor about Waterfall Downs Academy she had lost Liam but he would be okay. Liam was well lost in the crowds when he came back from the toilet.

“Hello Liam.” Colin said cheerfully. He enjoyed a gathering of all Oxford University very much, well and the fact that he was able to dress the way he wanted with a nice Oxford blue bow tie and a grey suit because his wife was unfortunately in the mental institution in Switzerland, well and for the society she was in a spa. “How are you doing?”

“I am good.” Liam smiled at his father in law.

“Good, good. I meant to talk to you. I talked to a friend of mine in Switzerland. There is a scientific institution and I know you have no university degree but he is interested in talking to you. I mean I know you have Jo and everything but well I didn’t want to keep this information from you. Here this is his card, give him a call he is at the moment in London.” Colin didn’t mean any harm, but had his son-in-laws best interest in mind.

214Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 25th March 2013, 17:15

MissAusten

MissAusten

Liam looked quietly at the card, for a moment he didn’t know what to say. This was the first time someone actually really cared about his own interest. Of course Jo always made sure he didn’t have to make too many sacrifices and she told him she wanted him to be happy, but the truth was, she would have been devastated if Liam would have gone through the whole NASA thing as he had originally planned and leave her and England behind. Even if they would have a long distance relationship, it wouldn’t make her happy, and he loved her too much to let go off this. The past years he was so focused on her, their life together, and now on his daughters that he hadn’t even spent one second on thinking to do anything that did not involve his family, such as working for NASA, or even his old job where he could work as a spy and build things that would help the others. He had loved that job, but the past years, and especially nowadays, now that he and Jo had a school to run, he didn’t have time anymore for those things. And sometimes, on very rare occasions, just like that one time when he watched the moon landing in 1969, he wondered how great it would have been if he could have helped working on projects like that.
But then he looked at Jo. Or he only had to look at his girls, and he remembered how much he loved them. However, the fact that Colin actually had his interest in mind meant a lot to him.

“I…um…thanks…” Liam looked up. “I really appreciate it.”

“I know you hesitate, I would be the same if I had a lovely family and a nice job like you do at the moment, that’s why I want to make sure you don’t feel pressured to come up with a decision right away. Think about it for a bit, maybe call my friend soon and talk a bit with him, and perhaps afterwards you’re surer about what you want to do.” Colin smiled friendly at his son-in-law.

“It’s in Switzerland?”

Colin nodded.

“Okay.” Liam slipped the card in his pocket before Jo could see it. He wanted to keep it from her, just a bit, until he had enough time to think about it.

“I know you didn’t have so many opportunities when you grew up”, Colin said. “You didn’t have the chance to go to a very good school and get the education that you wanted, so that’s why I want you to know that there are still some opportunities left. You’re young, Liam, and incredibly talented. I have never met a scientist like you, you have a gift. Now I know how much you love my daughter, so I would never encourage you to give that up, don’t get me wrong. I just see all the potential you have, and you always had to put that away because you wanted others to be happy, which is a noble thing to do, but I’m just saying that not every door is closed yet.”

“Does Jo know about this?”

Colin shook his head. “I thought I should give you some time alone to think about it, and then you could talk to her. And Liam?”

“Yes?”

“I know you’re a scientist, but do what your gut tells you now and then, okay?”

Liam nodded, the card well hidden in his pocket. “Yes, sir.”

On the other side of Oxford

Alfie didn’t know if this was some sort of bloody joke. Why didn’t he just pack his things already? This would make it so much easier than sitting around like that and telling him all of his feelings again.
“You’re my Darcy, and I can’t just-“

“Will you shut up already?”, Alfie interrupted him. “This is no bloody Austen novel! This is fucking reality, and reality is not all tea parties, ball gowns and happy endings! Goddammit, you’re so…so…bloody ignorant sometimes. You and your stupid fairy tale crap.”

Ricky looked hurt. “I…I don’t understand why you’re-“

“If you want to go, then go! Don’t sit here and tell me about Austen and feelings and God knows what. You make this so…” He couldn’t finish the sentence. In fact, he was shocked about his feelings, about the fact that it was ‘hard’ for him to let this boy go. He took a deep breath and tried not to say more harsh things to Ricky. “You met my family and those people will always be part of me, I can’t get away from them. So…I don’t want this, but you’re much better off without…ehm…if you…”

“You think I want to go?” Ricky finally got what this was about. “I don’t want to go, Alfie. I never said any of that.”

Alfie seemed confused.

“Do you think I want to leave you?”

Silence.
“Well, it wouldn’t surprise me if you did. I mean, you saw with what kind of people I’m related, and it’s just a matter of time when I’ll be…” He didn’t finish the sentence. He knew it would be only a matter of time when he would become like his father, but Ricky didn’t need to know that. Thank God he didn’t get the chance to meet him today, that would have given him the rest to leave him, for good.
“Anyway!” He cleared his throat. “What I want to say is…” Alfie felt awkward because he had difficulties finding the right words, he was just so relieved that Ricky hadn’t planned on going, and the fact that he was so relieved about that freaked him out as well. “I’m okay when you go, I completely get it when you feel like going, especially now that you met all those people who unfortunately come with me, you know? I won’t hold you back from going.” He sounded like daddy saying good bye to his only son (well, obviously not his dad, just a random, ‘normal’ dad).

Ricky smiled, but he didn’t walk up to him because he saw how much Alfie struggled to say those things and he probably didn’t want to get a hug or kiss right now.
“I’m not going. I mean, unless you want me to go.”

“That’s…okay.” He obviously didn’t say ‘Hell no, you stay right here!’

“See, nobody can choose their family, but just because you were born into this family doesn’t mean you’re automatically like them.”

Alfie didn’t answer immediately. Ricky was as naïve and hopeful as always, so that’s why he believed that Alfie wouldn’t be like the rest of his family, but Alfie wasn’t that optimistic.
“So…you’re staying?”, he asked, trying to sound more indifferent than happy.

“Yes, I never planned on leaving you. I mean, if that’s okay?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Sure.”

Ricky sighed, of course Alfie couldn’t just say ‘Yes, I would really like you to stay’.

“But I don’t need your pity, okay? Just because my mother didn’t read books to me doesn’t mean that people have to feel sorry for me. That would be absurd, I mean, I grew up in one of the richest families in England, so I really don’t need any pity party.”

“I don’t mean to pity you”, Ricky said calmly. “I just meant that it wouldn’t hurt you if you would open up a bit, because there’s obviously something about your past you haven’t quite worked through yet, and you might feel better if you talk about it.”

“So you’re my therapist now?”, Alfie asked sarcastically.

Ricky rolled his eyes. “If you would be a little less stubborn for once.”

“I just don’t see how my childhood is of any import. It’s years ago, and it really doesn’t matter. I had a great childhood, I got everything I wanted and I could always do what I wanted to do without anybody caring. That’s every child’s dream.” Alfie poured himself another whiskey. “There’s really nothing I have to say about the past.”

215Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 25th March 2013, 22:18

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jo was a little worried when she could not find Liam in the huge crowd and she hasn’t even seen Ricky yet. And then she saw her father, he was talking to someone she could not see. She sneaked up and hugged him from behind. “Hello daddy.”

Colin turned around and hugged his daughter tightly. “My little Princess, you look wonderful. How are my darling granddaughters?”

“They are spending time with their Irish granddad. Oh and daddy they are getting hair, it is still really thin and more like a nice fluff but there is definitely some ginger hair growing.” Jo was still hanging at her father, since Liam had stepped into her life she somehow was as afraid anymore to show that she loved her father.

“Daddy have you seen Liam?” Jo asked.

“Oh yes I did.” Colin stepped aside, still hugging his daughter tightly. And there he was, her husband.

“Hey I was worried I lost you.” Jo let go of her dad and kissed her husband.

“Never.” Liam’s hand was checking again that the card was deep in his pocket. “I found your dad and we had a nice chat about some things. Are you having a good time?”

Jo smiled. “Yes. Is it okay for you too?” Jo looked at her husband, worried that Liam had a bad time.

“It is not as bad as it could have been, and the food is not bad either. Oh and I saw Alfie all freaking out about something. I think I saw him disappear upstairs and I guess Ricky is with him.” Liam looked up at Colin.

“Don’t worry about me, I am okay with everything the two gentleman do. Love falls on odd places.” Colin smiled, kissed his daughter on the cheek goodbye and squeezed Liam’s shoulder.

“Oh okay.” Jo was holding Liam’s hand, she liked doing this a lot. The two walked a little around and said once in a while hello to a few people Jo knew and managed to avoid the Jackson family tactfully.

At the gays flat far away from the Jackson Manor.
Ricky looked at him. He didn’t want to push his luck but he had to make a point. Everyone past belongs to their present and their future. It makes you who you are and Ricky knew that.

"When I was little not older than six my parents had to sell everything and I mean really everything, we slept on the ground with a thin blanket and no pillow we had left one pot and three spoons and all we ate was soup because otherwise we would have lost the house. And I know that might sounds like nothing for you but, my father not always had a job and this time while we had nothing made me appreciate little things like a kiss and a hug for a present. Which you think is silly but think about it, remember your birthday as a child where you got every possible present buyable with money but you still were alone or maybe with a few servants that got paid to be with you. But what it would have meant if your family shows up and not out of duty but because they wanted to be with you? You don’t need to answer this or even tell me but just think about it. And it helps me today to know the value of things. There are a few things not payable with all the money of the world."

Ricky took the glass out of Alfie’s hand and replaced it with a glass of milk and a few cookies. He looked at Alfie, wondering what was going on in his mind. “And just so you know I want to know everything about you even the bad parts. And there is no one who can make me stop from seeing you except of you.”

Ricky had taken off his many layers and had reached his shirt, maybe the Jacksons were right and his feelings were a sickness but he sure really liked having it. “And I don’t know about you but after all this drama I could really use the love of my boyfriend.” Ricky started kissing Alfie and undoing his tie.

216Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 27th March 2013, 15:47

MissAusten

MissAusten

A few days later

It was late in the afternoon, more early evening, when Alfie came home from the club, and he was really craving a certain little penguin. That certain little penguin had just come home as well after his last class and was in the kitchen to see what he could make for dinner, when Alfie appeared behind him and hugged him from behind.
“What are you doing?”, Alfie asked.

“I’m going to cook something, are you hungry?”

“Yes.”

“Any preferences?”

“Yes.”

“Which would be?”

“You.”

Ricky started to blush and a shy smile appeared on his face. “Well, I’m afraid I’m not edible, well, at least I don’t support cannibalism.”

“Oh, you know exactly what I mean.” Alfie started kissing his neck, which tickled him and got him into the mood as well. Alfie’s kisses grew more intense, but then Ricky stopped him.

“Not in the kitchen”, he mumbled shyly.

“I know, I know.” Alfie knew his boyfriend well enough, Ricky was definitely the bedroom kind of guy. So he led him out of the kitchen, but not upstairs, they went into Ricky’s room, well, rather the guest room, which was closer to the kitchen than their bedroom upstairs.
They were about to get started when the bell rang. Alfie looked a bit confused while Ricky just looked frozen and a little freaked out.
“You’re expecting anyone?”, Alfie asked.

“No, do you?”

“No. Probably the post man.” He shrugged his shoulders and bent down to kiss Ricky, but the bell continued ringing and only got more persistent. “Okay, whoever this is, I’m going to cut his fucking balls off!” Alfie jumped up and ran to the door where he picked up the phone that was connected to downstairs. To his surprise it wasn’t as usual the concierge who told him about the guest who arrived. No, this time it was the obnoxious voice of his sister, and it made him freeze, because nobody from his family ever came to his flat before.

“Finally!”, Cecilia yelled through the speaker from downstairs. “Do you always take so long to answer the bloody door?”

“What the hell, Cecilia? What did you do with the concierge?”

“Pushed him aside, what else am I supposed to do? He was in my way.”

Alfie took a deep breath. “Why are you here?”

“We need to talk.”

“I’m busy.”

“I don’t care.”

“Well, tough luck, but I don’t have time for you, so piss off.”

“If you’re not going to let me in, I’m going to keep my finger on the door bell, and if it takes me one hour standing here and ringing the door, that’s what I’m going to do if you don’t let me in!”

Alfie sighed. “Fine!” He quickly hung up the phone and stormed back into Ricky’s room, where Ricky sat on the bed, his underwear back on.

“What’s going on?”, he asked.

“Go in the closet.”

“What?”

“Move your butt and go in the closet!” Alfie didn’t mean to shout at him, but he was so freaked out that one of his family members was here that he just couldn’t be calm. Ricky looked hurt, which made the situation even worse. God, that freaking kicked-baby-penguin face was killing him!
“My sister is here, she wants to talk about something, I don’t know what-“ The same moment the bell rang again impatiently. “You have to hide.”

Ricky looked still hurt, but he got up and opened the big door of his closet, which was pretty much empty because he wasn’t actually using this room.

“Don’t make any noises”, Alfie said, then he turned away and went back to the door to let his sister in. Ricky sighed and crouched down on the floor. He was literally back in the closet again.

“What the hell do you want?”, Alfie greeted his older sister.

“Geez, Alfred, put some goddamn clothes on!” Cecilia quickly turned her head in a different direction.

“I wasn’t expecting company, so stop complaining.”

“Please don’t tell me you have hookers in your bedroom right now.”

“If I had, it wouldn’t be your business”, he grumbled while he quickly got into a pair of trousers.

“I’ll cut right to the chase”, she said without even really looking around, although it was her first time that she’s been in her brother’s flat. “You’re coming to my wedding.”

Alfie looked a bit confused. “I didn’t say anything about not going.”

“I’m going to say it again: you are coming to my wedding.” She looked coldly at her brother. “I know you, Alfred, and I’m damn sure that you will decide not to bother coming the last minute, and it’s not like I care whether you show up or not, what I care about is that Grandmother blames me for everything that goes wrong with you, so if she sees that you’re not at the wedding, she will blame me and it’s all going to be my fault, and the entire day will be ruined because she will complain about every little thing, just because you didn’t show up, and because it’s my fault because apparently I’m responsible for you to show up. This is my day, okay? It’s about me, not you, me! And I don’t want Grandmother or anyone else ruining that day for me just because you decided not to come, got it?”

Alfie rolled his eyes. “If that’s your only concern…”

“I don’t know why, but Grandmother seems to have an unhealthy obsession with you and-“

“Come on, that sounds really wrong!”

“You know what I mean, idiot! She gives a shit how I’ll look at my wedding day, what she cares is that you show up, and if you don’t, she’ll hate me forever, so just get it together and show the fuck up.”

“Always a pleasure talking to you, sis”, Alfie replied dryly while he opened the door. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I was in the middle of something.”

Cecilia shot him a warning glance. “I mean it, Alfred.”

“I got that.”

“And don’t forget to bring someone, it looks really bad if you show up without a partner and Grandmother will blame me for that too.”

“Whatever.”

“Not whatever! And don’t even think about bringing some tacky white trash of a girl along. And you better don’t show up with a boy!” She didn’t need to say any specific name, Alfie was aware who she meant.

“Bye!” He shut the door loudly behind her before she got the chance to waste any more of his time.

217Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 27th March 2013, 21:47

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Ricky was sitting in the closet, it was not a small closet it was still a walk in closet but nothing compared to the one they had upstairs. This one in which Ricky was sitting -wrapped in one of the blankets that were stored in there- was about ten times smaller than the closet they had upstairs. Ricky couldn’t stop it but he started crying, this was just so hideous and humiliating. He knew that not one can see him with Alfie but most people knew that he lived here. After all in public Alfie had the position of his mentor but still them both pretty much being naked in the flat would look odd to the public. And for Cecilia they could not even spend time together in their own flat. Ricky didn’t know how long he had been sitting in this closet playing with a thread from the blanket, when suddenly Alfie opened the door.

“What are you doing there on the floor?” Alfie snapped annoyed.

Ricky blinked and tried to wipe the still running tears. “Nothing.” He mumbled and managed to squeeze pass Alfie. “I gotta go and do some work.”

Ricky picked up his clothes and put them back on while he walked to his office. Alfie knew that Ricky was hurt, but that bad that he not even wanted to talk about it?

“Ricky?”

“No don’t I need to grade a few essays and other stuff for work. I had a big lunch so eat whatever you want.” Ricky whispered with a cracked voice. Alfie picked up his own clothes and followed Ricky.

“Come on it was my sister, she could not see us.”

“I know…” Ricky didn’t look at him. “But did you have to be so harsh? You treated me not better then a common whore. Maybe you should just start leaving money on the nightstand.” Ricky was now proper crying, he felt like that this was just the beginning and Alfie was getting bored of him. It was just a matter of time that he kicked him out.

218Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 30th March 2013, 20:44

MissAusten

MissAusten

Alfie realised he had been too harsh with Ricky- again. He hated being like that to him, but in that moment he just freaked and didn’t think about how to talk to Ricky, he just wanted him hidden and safe. On the other hand Ricky made a big deal out of this again, he was just too sensitive.
“You know I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Yeah, you never mean it like that”, Ricky mumbled, not looking at his boyfriend.

“What did you expect me to do? You wanted me to say ‘My dear darling, would you be so kind and hide somewhere, I would really appreciate it’? I don’t think so!” Alfie was back to his usual sarcastic self, which, in this case right now, was definitely not helping at all. Ricky literally looked like he had hit him in the face.

“Whatever”, he mumbled defeated and turned towards his office door.

“Hey!” Alfie grabbed his arm, but he realised that his grip was too tight so he loosened it. “Don’t go in there again and hide for hours.”

“I’m not hiding, I have work to do.” Ricky tried to push his arm away, but it wasn’t that easy.

“Are you really pissed at me because I wanted you to hide? You know exactly what will happen when my family finds out that-“

“I’m aware of that”, Ricky interrupted him. “But that doesn’t mean that you can talk to me like I’m just one of your maids that you’re bossing around. You don’t realise it, but it’s really hurtful.” He didn’t wait any longer, he walked into his office and closed the door, but he didn’t lock it. Alfie stared at the closed door for a moment and didn’t do anything. He was about to just find something else to do when he found himself opening the door and before he could stop himself he said what was on his mind the entire time.
“I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

Ricky stood next to his bookshelf, still looking like a kicked baby penguin. “I know it’s not intentional, but you do it quite often without noticing it at all. What just happened…it made me feel so cheap, and I hate feeling like this, and what I hate even more is that I constantly have to hide my feelings. You know, for people like Jo and Liam it’s one of the most normal things to hold hands in public, or to hug, but I can’t even do that, and I know it’s not your fault, but today just reminded me again that I can never do those things. I just want to hold your hand without being scared that people might see us.”

Alfie watched his boyfriend quietly for a moment, he looked like he was about to burst into tears again, so Alfie walked towards him, pulled him into a hug and kissed the top of his head gently.
“You’ve been listening to that old Beatles song too much”, he mumbled sarcastically.

“What song?”

“You know, the hand holding song…”

“Oh…” A smile appeared on Ricky’s face. “You mean our song.”

“Yeah. Whatever.” Alfie cleared his throat. Of course he remembered the song, and why Ricky was so attached to it, and why he himself liked it. He would never forget that moment when he had planned to dump Ricky just like any other person after they had sex, but when he stepped out of the bathroom he saw this young boy all cuddled of in his pillows, looking so innocent while listening to that one Beatles song, and that was the moment when Alfie decided not to let him go yet.

Ricky reached for Alfie’s hand. He loved holding his hand, although Alfie’s hands were rougher and not as soft as his, but they were manly and strong, and Ricky liked that. And besides, not every guy applied hand lotion four times a day, every day, so of course he was one of the exceptions with super soft hands.

“You want to watch your stupid Ballroom dancing completion?”, Alfie asked. He knew that Ricky needed something to cheer him up again, and he sure as hell loved those ridiculous ballroom dance shows.

“Really? You’re willing to watch that with me?”

“I’m willing to make fun of the people and their retarded costumes, yes”, Alfie replied. “And every time someone stumbles I’ll hope they just broke their neck.”

Ricky rolled his eyes. “You’re impossible.” Then he kissed him once more and went to the living room.

“You know that you’re not just a common whore for me, right?” There was a seriousness in Alfie’s voice as he sat down next to Ricky.

Ricky didn’t answer immediately. “Sometimes I’m not so sure.”

“I mean it.”

Ricky looked at his boyfriend and could see how honest he was.

“And that costume…” Alfie quickly looked at the TV and changed the subject. “I’m sorry, but this whole thing has to be burnt…right with that hideous person wearing it! I’m getting eye cancer just looking at this.”

219Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 31st March 2013, 14:55

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Ricky looked for a while at Alfie until he put his head on his boyfriend’s chest. “I just wish people would stop thinking we are sick and let us love whoever we love.”

Alfie wrapped his arms tightly around his boy and kissed him on the so soft hair. He couldn’t say anything but Alfie knew what Ricky meant. It would be easier if people not want to burn them on a stake because they hold hands, not that Alfie actually wants to hold hands but he knew Ricky likes all this stuff.

“One day you can.” Alfie whispered in a way that Ricky knew he didn’t want to talk about this anymore. Ricky looked up and kissed his boyfriend on those lips he loved kissing so much.

“I will be waiting for the day with all my heart.” Ricky leaned back against Alfie’s chest to listen to his heart, it always felt nice to hear it’s beating.

A few days later

Jo had kissed her girls and husband several times, she was nervous because neither Betty nor Ellen were in Waterfall Downs. Most students had gone to London to a cultural overnight stay and Ellen went with them, and Betty had the week off to visit family. Jo just had parked the car outside the cottage and got out. It was a long time since she came here, at least for this reason and here she was dressed in a nice but comfortable dress -a difference to the other times before- and a few music sheets in her bag.

“My dear Jo, come on in. I’ve been waiting for you is everything alright at home?” Graham hugged his daughter in law tightly.

“Yes I was just a little bit worried, because Liam is alone with the girls. I mean he is very good with them but still he is all alone and Jill is a handful. Jane is good with him she is a daddy’s girl and she likes it to be quiet but she needs her little routines, she is really easily upset when things do not happen the way she is used to and Jill is rather active.”

“The girls will have a wonderful day with their father, and I guess they will have some special daddy food. Maybe pancakes for lunch.” Graham smiled and took Jo’s hand.

“I know just a little worried that’s all.” Jo went in the living room and started smiling when she saw the tea, some sandwiches and even a nice looking cake.”Oh Graham, you are spoiling me.”

“Just the best for my best student. Come sit down and show me those music sheets you are hiding. I want to see what you composed.” Graham pushed Jo gently on the piano bench and took the sheets from her. It was going to be a music filled day and Jo would enjoy it very much, writing music about their loved ones.

220Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 1st April 2013, 18:59

MissAusten

MissAusten

“So, anyone cares to play chess?” Liam looked from one little ginger girl to the next. It was the first time he actually was completely alone with both of his daughters. Of course he knew he could always call someone in case something went wrong, but he wanted to prove to himself that he could deal with this alone. Both his little J’s just stared at him, watching their daddy carefully.

“Now I know you guys- sorry, girls- are used to having your mum around, but today it’s just me, so I hope you’re not going to go all mental on me.”

Jill grinned as if she was already planning some mischief in her head, while Jane looked a bit sceptical.

“You guys want to watch TV?” Liam looked at his daughters, then he lifted them up and sat down with them in front of the TV. “Let’s see what we have here…The news?” He looked at Jill who made a face now. “No news, hm? Let’s see what else is on…Cooking show…no, that’s boring…Let’s see if they have any cartoons playing…” Obviously Liam didn’t only watch cartoons for the girls’ sake, he liked them too, but when he found a channel that was just playing cartoons, Jane suddenly started to yammer.
“What? You want to watch super tall men throwing balls into baskets? I didn’t know you were the basketball kind of gal, but if you wish-“

Jane’s face grew more unhappy and she was about to start crying. Liam quickly sniffed to check if she smelled, but she seemed just fine. “What is it, Princess?” But then he realised they might be hungry, since it was their usual feeding time- at least Jane seemed to insist. So he lifted both girls up again, went with them to the dining table, sat them down in their chairs and checked in the kitchen for proper food. He had some mashed potato and some other weird stuff that was in glasses, he wasn’t quite sure what exactly Jane usually ate. She started crying even harder when he tried to feed her that stuff. “Okay, okay, you don’t like that! What do you want?”
Of course Jane didn’t give him any answer, so he looked around in the kitchen and remembered that Betty once mentioned that the girls could be distracted from crying if you served them something like peas or corn, something they could play with, so he quickly got out a couple of peas that were standing in the fridge and spread them in front of Jill and Jane. Jill immediately started grabbing while Jane just stared, but at least she stopped crying, though she still didn’t seem completely happy.
“What is it, Jane?” Liam raised his eyebrows as he watched his older daughter. “Wait, I’ve got an idea.” He got up and came back with his guitar. His guitar playing always calmed both of them down when they cried, and he wanted Jane to be happy too, so he started playing a simple melody, and immediately both twins looked at daddy, then at each other and seemed very happy, even Jane.

“I knew that would work”, Liam mumbled while he continued playing. After a while he even managed to get Jane to eat her food, and soon afterwards she fell asleep. Jill was still awake, so Liam sat down with both girls on the couch, Jane sleeping, Jill happily gurgling something, and enjoyed just being with them.

221Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 1st April 2013, 21:36

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jill was smiling and happily not napping. She was never keen on her afternoon nap while her sister still was napping twice sometimes even three times a day. Jill enjoyed spending time with her dad, the cartoons kept on running and after over an hour Jill finally got a little sleepy and cranky. Liam started singing it took him over another hour until her eyes finally fell shut and then half opening her eyes again she took Liam’s hand and whispered. “Dada.”

Liam was about to jubilee loudly when the sleeping girl in his arm stopped him. And Jane who woke up after her nap and expected another snack. Liam put Jill in her swing and took Jane into the kitchen to get her a snack.

It was late when Jo finally came back home. “Liam? I am so sorry I forgot about time. Is everything okay?”

To Jo’s surprise she found Liam asleep on the couch and the girls playing with him. They were both smiling and on the floor were cookies on a plate on the floor and both girls had their sippy cups with milk. Jo chuckled, the girls looked very awake while Liam was deep asleep. “I guess my little munchkins worn you out daddy.”
Jo put her things aside and went in the kitchen to make some dinner, she had already prepared meatloaf and potatoes they just needed reheating in the oven. Jo saw that the sandwiches Jo had made for Liam were not touched nor was he lunch she had prepared for the girls.

“They must have eaten something.” Jo went back in the living room and kissed her husband. But her girls stopped her. She had to giggle seeing them play together.
Jo leaned over the back of the couch and kissed Liam. “Hey handsome how are are?”

222Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 2nd April 2013, 15:15

MissAusten

MissAusten

Liam blinked sleepily, then he sat up quickly. “Oh shit! I fell asleep, I-“ He looked around and saw his two daughters happily looking back at him.

“It’s okay, they seem very happy.” Jo appeared sat down next to him.

“I watched them, I really did, I didn’t want to fall asleep, I just-“

“Liam, it’s okay, nothing happened.” Jo touched his arm gently. “Look at them, all happy and cute.” She smiled at her daughters and pulled Jill on her lap, who just came crawling towards her. Liam picked up Jane who sat quietly next to him.

“Jill said ‘dada’, she looked right at me and said it.”

“She did?” Jo smiled down at her daughter who sat in her lap. “Did you say dada? Such a good girl!”

“I mean, dada is technically not a word, but-“

“Babies don’t read the Oxford English Dictionary, Liam”, Jo interrupted him teasingly. “But that’s a huge deal, she knows you’re her Daddy.”

Liam watched his daughters quietly for a moment. “It’s crazy how happy it makes me to hear her saying this word. I mean, it’s only a word…actually, no, it’s not even a word, but…yeah…I was really happy when she said it.”

“I don’t blame you, it really is great.” Jo’s eyes wandered to Jane who sat quietly on Liam’s lap, his arms wrapped around her. “I wonder if little Miss Jane ever decides to say something…Speaking of which, was she okay during lunch today? I forgot to tell you that she has this precise routine, and if this routine is off, she might get-“

“Cranky. Yeah, I noticed that”, Liam said. “But after I played a bit on the guitar she calmed down.”

“Aww, they love it when you do that, that was a good idea.” Jo got up carefully, still clinging on to Jill. “I prepared some dinner, you look like you could need some food.”

“Food sounds great, those girls really kept me busy.” He got up as well and followed Jo. “But I had a great time with them, although I missed my big J”, he said, kissing his wife on the cheek.

A few days later
It was the last weekend in March, and Jo and Liam were invited to Cecilia Jackson’s wedding, although Liam was pretty sure he was only invited because it would have been inappropriate to ignore him. Those kind of events, especially when the Jacksons were involved, did not include anyone from a common background, but since he was married to Jo, they didn’t have any other choice than to include him. Liam and Jo sat in the back of the car with their girls- both in very nice dresses- while Charles drove them to the church. Liam kept pulling at his tie, he wished he could have gone without any tie, but ties or bowties were required to those events, and he didn’t want other people to stare at him because he showed up with no tie.

“You look very nice”, Jo said, trying to encourage him a bit.

“So do you.” He meant it, his wife really looked beautiful in that dress she was wearing, and his little girls too. “How well do you know Alfie’s sister anyway?”

“Personally, not well, she’s almost nine years older than me, so we didn’t really spend much time together when we were younger. I’m invited because I’m from the Williams family, not because I’m a close friend, but that’s normal here. You invite people to your wedding just because of their name, not because you know the bride or the groom.”

“Do you know the guy she marries?”

“Not really, just some other upper class snob, but he’s actually below her. Well, everyone is besides the Windsors. Marrying into the Jackson family must be beyond scary, I can’t even imagine…” Jo stroked little Jane who looked like she was about to fall asleep. “Alfie will be next.”

“Next for what?”

“Marrying.”

Liam chuckled. “Come on, he’s the last person on this planet who will ever get married!”

“There’s no way he will get away from marriage, no way. Not with his parents and his fanatic grandmother in the back.”

“So you think he’ll actually get married?”

“Yepp.” Jo nodded. “Sooner or later he has to, he’s the only male heir.”

“God, sometimes I’m so glad I’m just a random guy from the Irish country side.”

Jo smiled. “I’m glad about that too.”

223Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 2nd April 2013, 16:53

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

Jill was gurgling she really enjoyed it that she had found her voice. “Dadadadada ba.” Jo giggled. “This will be funny, I don’t think the Jacksons expected us to take the girls with us.”

“They will not send them out of the room will they?” Liam kissed Jill, he enjoyed that Jill enjoyed calling him dada. “It is crazy how fast they are growing. I mean Jill walks and talks and it is just a matter of time when Jane starts too. I don’t understand how people cannot think that they are amazing.”

“I guess that is the proud daddy speaking.” Jo smiled and kissed Liam over the two baby car seats between them. Jane had fallen asleep in her seat, as usual around the lunch time.

“Don’t mock me they are just learning so fast.”

“I know soon Jane will beat you in chess.” Jo laughed and kissed her sleeping daughter as the car drove up at the church. Charles got out first to open the door for Liam and then Jo.

“Do you want me to get the pram, Ma’am?” Charles asked Jo as he helped her out of the car while she was holding the sleeping Jane. “No I think the girls will be calmer when they are sitting on our laps.”

“Very well Ma’am. I will have the car ready for you to drive you to the restaurant for the reception.” Charles did his little bow he was so used to and got back into the car.

“Okay ready for a spectacle I never wanted.” Jo was holding Jane tightly, her oldest daughter was now sound asleep cuddling her little duckling close to her chest and sucking at the wing of it. While Liam was carrying Jill who has hugging her kangaroo just as tightly. Jo never approved of giving the girls a dummy for soothing them. “Oh look there is Lorelai and John with the boys.”

Jo waved the two parents decided to sit together -okay the women of the family decided yesterday while riding- so that the children could entertain each other. Edward has just celebrated his fourth birthday and Henry was not much further from his third birthday away. They both adored the twins.

“Mami, mami schau the Engel.” Edward whispered that John laughed at his son.

“You should not yet call girls an angel, son.” John was holding his oldest son’s hand. All von Gruensee men looked very smart in their black suits, the boys had even little Oxford blue ties.

“Good afternoon my O’Dohertys, how was the drive? Oh Jane is sleeping again?” Lorelai hugged Jo as tight as she could without waking Jane.

“Of course it is her afternoon nap time. This girl is very strict about her naps she has at least two a day sometimes even three. How are the boys? Did Edward calm down after his birthday bang?”

“It took him two days to calm down, but yes. Shall we shock the Jackson that we dared to take our children with us?” Lorelai loved to stir up the upper class.

“Yes let’s go.” Jo went with Lorelai but she looked quickly over her shoulder to make sure Liam was still there. Jill was now walking supported by daddy’s hand and Henry’s. “Dada.” Jill blubbered at Henry including some other baby words. Henry seemed to understand what the little girl was saying.

“She is talking?” John smiled at Liam, “That is great man soon you can have conversations with your girls and teach them the world. It is an awesome thing to teach them about every little thing and make you rediscover the world through their eyes.” John meant what he said even though when he was not sure if Liam saw it the same way.

224Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 2nd April 2013, 20:06

MissAusten

MissAusten

Of course Liam noticed how the fine people of the upper class raised their eyebrows as they watched him and John with their children, and it was really quite amusing. He held on tightly to Jill’s tiny hand and watched her carefully, but then she almost grabbed the skirt of one older lady, so he quickly lifted her on his arm again, just in case. After all, Jill was the little trouble maker, and there was certainly some mischief gleaming in her blue eyes.

“Daddy, hungry”, Henry complained to his father.

“You’re hungry already?” John looked down at his son who nodded. “Okay, let’s see if we can get you something before the ceremony starts.” He lifted up his son. “I’ll be right back”, he said to Liam, who tried to stop Jill from grabbing a woman’s fancy hat.

“Okay”, he mumbled while taking a step away from the woman.

“Little Man!” Alfie showed up behind Liam and startled him.

“Dude, where did you come from?” Liam turned around.

“I’m on the run from my grandmother. She’s worse than usual because the whole wedding encourages her only more to talk to me about my future and…” He paused for a moment when he noticed Jill. “Oh, you brought that thing.”

“What thing?”

“That.” He pointed at Jill.

“Oh, if by ‘thing’ you mean my daughter, then yes, I brought my daughter with me, and the other one too”, Liam said sarcastically.

“Splendid. It will piss off my mother.” Alfie looked at Jill, who grinned widely at him and stretched her little arms out.

Liam sighed. “I see, she still has the hots for you.”

“Sorry, what?”

“Jill. She always gets super excited when she sees you, I don’t know why that is.”

“Who’s Jill?”

“Ehm. My daughter”, Liam replied a bit dryly and stroked Jill’s head gently.

Alfie didn’t have any expression on his face. “I thought her name was Linda or something like that.”

“What? How do you get Linda from Jill?”

Alfie shrugged his shoulders. “I’m not good with names.”

Jill kept stretching out her hands at Alfie, she totally wanted him to hold her, but he didn’t even pay attention to her anymore. Liam noticed a young woman standing shyly behind Alfie, she looked like she was lost.

“Ehm…Alfie?”

“Yes?”

“Do…um…do you know her?”

“Who?” Alfie turned around. “Oh, her.” He turned back to Liam. “I had to take her with me to the wedding, I couldn’t go without a date. Not that she is a date, but I decided to take her because she doesn’t talk, I don’t like when they talk.”

“With ‘they’, you mean girls, I assume.”

“Who else? Nothing’s more annoying than talking girls, they just don’t know when to shut up”, Alfie said, not caring that his ‘date’ was standing right behind him. “Well, and this one…I forgot her name…what’s your name again?”

“Jennifer”, she said shyly.

“Right, Jessica. Anyway, she’s so quiet, I don’t even bother getting into her knickers, it would be like fucking a dead person. I mean, seriously, who would fuck a dead person? And shit, the Dragon has found me.” Alfie frowned when he noticed his grandmother coming right towards him. He forced a fake smile. “Grandmother, you know Liam, right?”

Lady Eleanor ignored the young Irish man and was only focused on her grandson. “Alfred, what are you doing here, you’re supposed to greet the guests in front!”

“Well-“

“Especially since the ceremony will start a few minutes late. Apparently your sister has gotten fat and doesn’t fit in her dress anymore. I told her to lay off those cakes, but no! And now we have a bride who doesn’t fit into her dress.”

“She might just be pregnant”, Alfie replied dryly.

His grandmother looked shocked at him. “One does not make jokes about that!”

“It’s not a joke. And I’m a little confused, I thought you wanted heirs, so why do you get so upset when I imply that she’s finally knocked up?”

“Children out of wedlock! Bastards!” She shook her head. “Unacceptable.”

Alfie rolled his eyes, but before he got the chance to make a sarcastic remark, his grandmother pushed him to a group of old men- apparently most of them members of the Parliament- and then she turned to Liam, but all she could see was that baby in his arm and she looked as if he was holding the devil’s child.

“Baby!”, was all she said with outrage, then she left him standing there.

“Um…very nice to meet you too”, he mumbled. Man, that woman was scary! He had to go back to his wife, Lorelai and John, most likely the only normal people here.

225Growing Up - Page 9 Empty Re: Growing Up 2nd April 2013, 20:47

Ariel Buttercup

Ariel Buttercup
Admin

John had actually found a chipper and got some chips for all children. “I can’t believe you did this John. This is a wedding ceremony and you got chips, I mean come on I thought you got some manners.” Lorelai was sitting next to her husband her boys were sitting between her and Jo though. “What Henry said he was hungry, what was I suppose to do let him starve to death?”

“He would not have been starving he just ate a little over an hour ago.” Lorelai was snapping quietly at John.

Jo was entertaining the boys and made sure they made no mess with the chips. Jane was sleeping on the bench on her right side. “Hey handsome there you are.”

“Hey.” Liam sat down next to the sleeping Jane and leaned over and kissed Jo.

“I’m glad you didn’t bring any food. Chips?” Jo offered Jill and Liam some chips. “Be careful munch kin they are hot.” Jo picked a chip that was small and not hot so that Jill didn’t burn herself. Liam grinned and took a few chips some to cool a little more for Jill to eat and some to eat himself. Lorelai looked at Liam and then at Jo. “Seriously? Why did you not get a few beers to enjoy the show?”

The ceremony finally was starting and because of the chips all three awake children and Liam were quiet while it lasted. And then at the of it when the newlyweds walked down the aisle and all guest stood up Jo didn’t get up since she was watching Jane and Henry on each of her sides. Henry was sitting next to Jo and peeked over her lap at the sleeping Jane. “Auntie? Me do-ing to mary Jane.” The youngest von Gruensee declared. Jo started laughing as she picked up Jane who was finally waking up. “Maybe you will Henry but you have to promise me something!”
Henry looked with the seriousness of a three year old at her.
“You have to be good to her. She is a special little girl.”

“Pomis.” Henry looked at Jane. He leaned over and kissed her on the head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum